Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • New (very specific) Wheelset help needed.
  • jmatlock
    Free Member

I need the following wheelset to complete my new project.

650b rim (to take WTB Horizon Road plus)
    9mm bolt through front
    Standard 135 QR rear
    Shimano Cassette free hub,
    Under £300

Please help me find something suitable.

tthew

I suspect hand builts would be best for that, and come in under budget if you’re not expecting top flight rims or hubs. Any decent LBS, the likes of Merlin for mail order or a mate who can build them for you.

Or learn yourself, it’s fairly easy and very satisfying.

jonnyboi

Have you tried the superstar custom wheel builder?

jmatlock
    Free Member

I have emailed superstar, the wheel builder didn’t appear to have the all info I needed. Cheers for the steer though Sir.

granny_ring

THIS is what he’s on about.

swanny853

If you’re stuck with buying online also consider the crc nukeproof wheel builder. I stuck in geberator convertible hubs, kom i25 rims and db spokez and got ~340 so it may work for you.

(The hubs don’t come with a 9mm thru but i vaguely recall them being a novatec so they may take the same end caps as a superstar. Assuming you need this for a cotic fork the qr should do until you can get some?

jmatlock
    Free Member

I found the Superstar custom builder it just had no details about hub size / end caps etc. So I dropped them an email. Will try Crc too. Cheers.

beanum

It’s over budget but you could have a look at Merlin. They do custom handbuilt wheels with Hope hubs and 27.5 rims for £130 front and £200 rear. You can specify a 9mm bolt thru front hub as part of the build…

jonnyboi

I found the Superstar custom builder it just had no details about hub size / end caps etc. So I dropped them an email. Will try Crc too. Cheers.

You pick the hub, then hub colour then axle type. They will change the end caps to suit. Or am I missing something?

jmatlock
    Free Member

I was being super dumb.

sockpuppet

Try just riding along too, pleased with my wheels from them and they’re pretty helpful with compatibility issues!

jmatlock
    Free Member

I have dropped JRA an email , cheers for the recommendation.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Note JRA have dropped custom builds except for their own brand and Industry Nine. Though you might get what you want with their own brand for the price. You can use their wheel builder and price stuff up.

ptcycles.co.uk have a good selection and similarly a custom wheel builder.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘New (very specific) Wheelset help needed.’ is closed to new replies.