Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • New Van – Local Main Dealer or Internet?
  • kitebikeski
    Free Member

Going to get a new VW van. The dealer price (had 3 prices) is approx 10% more than the internet price. Turns out the internet deal is for a pre registered vehicle that they have obtained with a fleet discount – ostensibly for a contract hire that they sell on immediatly.
    Leaning towards the hassle free main dealer option – anyone got any experience of this?

slowoldgit
    Free Member

See here for disadvantages of pre-reg cars. If the site sold vans I’d suggest contacting them.

http://drivethedeal.com/PreReg.asp

ronjeremy
    Free Member

What are you looking for, and how are you looking to purchase… Also who is the dealer?

Gary_C

Would the dealer not be willing to match the internet price?

rickmeister

have you checked out Swiss Leasing.. they had quite a good rep on the T5 forum…

jimi
    Free Member

Just bought a T5 from a main VW dealer. Defiantly hassle free, even sorted some body work issues free and helped me out when the bank failed me.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I went main dealer – the pre-reg vans were all the lowest possible spec – I wanted a Highline cos nothing less than that had aircon (on a Caddy).

The main dealer would pretty much match all pre reg prices anyway. I ended up getting one they’d ordered as a demo so best of both worlds.

If you were financing it, VW did soe pretty good packages if you bought through them.

kitebikeski
    Free Member

Cheers for that.
    Am looking to buy a T5 Kombi 4×4 Highline, buying outright, 3 different dealer prices from N Scotland, and Swiss Vans (who have been really helpful). Dealer won’t match the internet price – they have all offered similar discounts on list of about £3k.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Kitebikeski, can I ask who you have been dealing with at Swiss?

kitebikeski
    Free Member

I have been talking to Chris – who has been great. Why?

kitebikeski
    Free Member

Yes saw the Drivethedeal & other similar stuff. Couldn’t decide how much was real & how much sour grapes, but still made me concerned!

engineeringcowboy
    Free Member

Mal vans have a couple in the spec you looking for. They are in Cornwall though so I’m guessing a fair way away from you

ronjeremy
    Free Member

I’m just curious heard good stuff about Swiss to and was wondering whom best to speak to , kinda looking at getting myself a kombi ready for summer

kitebikeski
    Free Member

Chris went out of his way to try to find a van of the right spec for me, so def worth speaking to.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘New Van – Local Main Dealer or Internet?’ is closed to new replies.