• This topic has 92 replies, 43 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Merak.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 93 total)
  • New U2 Album / ITunes ??
  • jamj1974

Thanks for your contribution.

Welcome.

If this was In Rainbows or You Cross My Path I could understand it. These were both innovative at the time for known acts. U2 to be fair are well behind the curve and doing it at a point where it’s not remarkable…

RustySpanner

jamj1974

^^Me?

As I said originally I think the musics ok – it’s the complaints about how it’s been distributed I don’t get… It’s not like the reeducation scene in A Clockwork Orange. People are not bring forced to like it and music for free has been done so it’s no longer a novelty.

RustySpanner

jamj1974 – Member

^^Me?

No. 🙂

Drac

it’s the complaints about how it’s been distributed I don’t get… It’s not like the reeducation scene in A Clockwork Orange.

It’s being pushed to devices though that’s the issue.

DezB
    Free Member

Me?

Yes

I’m not ashamed 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Doh’s thread was much funnnier than this one. It got binned 🙁

ChrisS
    Free Member

How to hide the U2 album from iTunes:

Macworld

RustySpanner

I’m not ashamed

🙂

jamj1974, DezB has now reached the stage where he has actually acknowledged his music snobishness.
    This is a very important step toward his eventual recovery.

I’m currently sponsoring him through our twelve step program – eventually, we hope he’ll be able to go to weddings again without insisting that the DJ plays obscure hard bop, Einstürzende Neubauten live bootlegs or the entire second side of Trout Mask Replica.

Just five pounds will buy people like Dez a copy of Abba Gold and a tube of superglue to attach the headphones.
    It might not be much to you, but to people like Dez it could make a real difference to his ability to enjoy music again.

The real forgotten victims of musical snobbery are of course the families:

Mrs Dez has never been allowed to watch Mamma Mia!
    His children have been emotionally damaged by continuous exposure to the collected works of Cornelius Cardew.

However, with your help, we can beat this terrible disease.

Thanks for listening.

DezB
    Free Member

Oi! I enjoy music! and I enjoy being a snob.

i watched the X Factor last week, how snobbish is that? 🙂

RustySpanner

I bet you scrubbed yourself with a Brillo afterward.
    🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Birched. Then forced myself to listen to Nurse With Wound for 3 hours.

RustySpanner

Excellent.

For the next part of the process, I’ve paid someone to come round to your house and secrete a copy of this under your floorboards:

Sleep well Dez.

jamj1974

Rusty – drop me the Just Giving link please.

BigJohn

I just looked in my iTunes and it wasn’t there. But I clicked on something that was there instead – Us3 – and am now listening to Cantaloop. A lovely way to start the day.

Flip Fantasia indeed!

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Just read this on the BBC. 😀

http://m.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/29157217

slowoldman

What’s the difference between being a musical snob and not tolerating crap music?

DezB
    Free Member

You’ll have to ask Rusty Spanner that one.. (When he’s finished listening to his Black Lace collection).

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

listened to half of it then stopped, boring as a boring thing, coldplay have competition now on who is more dull.

Drac

Oasis?

RustySpanner

😀

Music is subjective – no good or bad, just stuff you like and stuff you don’t.

Getting all judgypants about it is sadder than my mum’s funeral.
    But much, much funnier.

Dez knows (I hope!) I’m winding him up.
    I’ve heard loads of great new stuff because of his and other peoples recommendations on here.

I’m a recovering music snob myself – after years of therapy I can now listen to Metallica without breaking down in tears of rage.
    Oasis might be step too far though Drac.

DezB
    Free Member

no good or bad, just stuff you like and stuff you don’t.

I can accept that about most things, but…
    Black Lace?
    Robbie Williams?

RustySpanner

It’s just noise Dez.

Noise you like, noise you don’t.
    Someone, somewhere will like it and their opinion is equally as valid as anyone elses.

Mate of our eldest is married to the most judgemental music snob in the world.
    Ruined their wedding because he wouldn’t let his wife choose any tunes for the reception.
    That was a fun night.

We’ve recently picked the six tunes for our wedding ceremony btw.
    If you’re very good I’ll tell you what they are.
    Should brighten up your Friday.

binners

Someone, somewhere will like it and their opinion is equally as valid as anyone elses.

Oh dear. I expected better of you. My opinion is far, far more valid than anyone else’s, as my taste is far, far superior to anyone else’s on the planet. 😉

RustySpanner

Yes dear. 🙂
    Of course dear.

zilog6128

Oh, for the love of Christ! You. Don’t. Have. To. Download. It! Is that clear enough? It’s not sitting in your Library, lurking for a random play opportunity

No need to be a dick. Makes it funnier when you’re wrong though 🙂

That’s exactly what it did on my iPad. Probably something to do with having automatic iCould downloads enabled.

john_drummer
    Free Member

I suppose that’s what you get for buying apple

DezB
    Free Member

Free stuff?

zilog6128

The bastards 👿

ransos
    Free Member

The thing that’s really annoyed me about this is the lack of an opt out.

iTunes straps you to your chair and clamps a pair of headphones on you? Sheesh, I’m glad I haven’t upgraded to the latest version…

DezB
    Free Member

Really annoyed?

Blimey, even I didn’t get annoyed and I’m a massive snob! 😆

RustySpanner

😀

mtbfix

I suppose that the thing to be annoyed about is the fact that they have gone into your cloud store and put something there without your permission. They really ought not be doing that.

zilog6128

Chances are you have given them permission to do it.

fourbanger
    Free Member

Cheeky ****. How do I get this off my iphone?

CountZero

mtbfix – Member
    I suppose that the thing to be annoyed about is the fact that they have gone into your cloud store and put something there without your permission. They really ought not be doing that.

So what and why not? It’s not junk mail, a bit of paper stuffed through your door with the intent you then spend money on some charity or product you don’t want, it’s a new album with an actual real-world value of somewhere around £10-12, that’s completely free of charge. Whether or not you wish to take advantage is entirely up to you, it all depends whether you have auto-download enabled or not. I do, but I still had to make an informed decision to go into my downloads section and click on each track to download them onto my phone.
    I could, however, ignore them and they’d sit there ’till satan hosts the Winter Olympics, or the heat-death of the universe, whichever comes first.
    If the album had downloaded, I’d just delete if I didn’t want it. What I wouldn’t do, is feign all sorts of moral outrage and start kicking and screaming on Internet fora like a snotty five year-old denied a packet of sweets.
    Perhaps those individuals should ask someone suffering from MS, Parkinson’s, or some form of cancer if their life had been irreparably damaged by this gross intrusion into their otherwise perfectly ordered lives.

DezB
    Free Member

Perhaps those individuals should ask someone suffering from MS, Parkinson’s, or some form of cancer if their life had been irreparably damaged by this gross intrusion into their otherwise perfectly ordered lives.

What the shitting hell are you on about? Totally irrelevant to everything said in this thread.
    I know i know, should have ignored it!!

Jim-bob
    Free Member

I am highly allergic to U2 and had I unwittingly installed iTunes I would probably be dead by now. It is so bad that any music created utilising the same production staff as U2 or any studio that they have ever ventured into leads to extreme boredom. My doctor claims it is all psychosomatic and has prescribed cognitive therapy for music snobbishness 🙁

m360
    Free Member

Ok, so thanks to this I found it in my iTunes library, but had no idea it was there.

So…are there any other albums that are free and I’m missing?

And…how would I have known if I hadn’t read this thread? I still don’t know how to find it in iTunes without going to my library-artist. This is on MacBook, so maybe I don’t have the same views as the above?

zippykona

Not a fan but thought the album was ok. Thanks Bonio.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘New U2 Album / ITunes ??’ is closed to new replies.