Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • NEW TYRES – Prowler/weirwolf combo
  • ruminant
    Free Member

Morning

I have bought some new rims, Stans Flows on Hope hubs, look the business but a right bugger to get wire bead tyres on.

So on the hunt for some new folding rubber, current fav is WISH LIST.

does anybody run these, any opinions, or any other suggestions for an all weather combination for under £50

cheers

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

weirwolfs are a good tyre, im running one up front. prowlers drag like lilly savage, had one for a while, good for dh but not a great trail tyre imo. i currently have a motoraptor on the back and its very good.

on saying that the prowlers are still better than a lot of other more expensive tyres. im definately a WTB fan.

scaredypants

I like weirwolfs/ves but I wouldn't use one in winter – don't like mud IME

Bregante

I've got prowlers that came on my Marin hardtail and they are very draggy and RUBBISH in the wet. As soon as I'm back from injury got some 2.2 Rubber Queens going on

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

yeah i know what you mean – thats why i only use one up front, they do clear quite quickly, although im sure that depends on the type of mud you have where you ride!

boblo
    Free Member

I just got some Bridgestone's, cost me 140 f-ing quid a corner….

scaredypants

boblo, suspect they're shit in the mud too !

Bregante
    ruminant
    Free Member

ruminant
    Free Member

Popped down to J E James at dinner and came back with a pair of WTB Raijin 2.1 folding tyres, £16 a piece.

Bike radar give them a fairly good review.

Best bit, 'local LBS cheaper than CRC shocker' J E James as well!

I know They get some stick on here (and yes I've stuck the boot in several times myself) but over the last couple of visits they've been helpful and interested in dealing with my questions.

jejamescycles.co.uk
    Free Member

thumbs up @ruminant

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘NEW TYRES – Prowler/weirwolf combo’ is closed to new replies.