Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • New tyres – fancy a change
  • daveb
    Free Member

first ride with the Hans Damf today,not quite as fast rolling as the Nobby Nics they replaced but brilliant on the descents. Really confidence inspiring an just seemed to hang on in there no matter what. Just wish I had got some ages ago, great tyres

jam-bo

XR4’s are good and seem to roll well enough to me.

bradley
    Free Member

XR4s are incredible. They seem to get good and bad press at the same time and perhaps I’m doing it wrong but I’ve never ever ever lost traction with Bonty XR4s 2.35 front and rear…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I’ve been trying a set of Hans Dampfs for the last month or so. Really not impressed to be honest.

They go on & blow up nicely on a tubeless arrangement, putting them side by side against a 2.5 Minion EXO they are almost the same width, but noticably lower profile knobs.

They roll a bit faster than a Minion, but otherwise fall down in every other area. They have noticably less grip when pushing hard into corners, tending to break traction a lot earlier.

I thought maybe I was just riding harder & finding the limit, but everyone who has ridden my bike says the same thing, and no-one I ride with is a mincer.

Minions back on & going noticably quicker again.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘New tyres – fancy a change’ is closed to new replies.