Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • New TV advice
  • cbmotorsport
    Free Member

We’re moving to a larger house and my old TV is going to be too small for our new living room, so looking for a larger one. We don’t watch a lot of TV really, but love a box set and films especially in the winter.

Couple of questions:

Should I buy 4k now or just get the best HD TV I can now, and get a 4k in a few years.

Where’s a good/cheap place to look. It’s been a while. Last one came from Richer Sounds I think, is this still a good bet?

Always had Panasonic TV’s, but have seen a couple of Samsungs recently that seem to have great pictures that really ‘pop’. Any brand recommendations?

Thanks!

sharkbait
    Free Member

have seen a couple of Samsungs recently that seem to have great pictures that really ‘pop’.

TV’s in showrooms are set up in a way that looks good for a short while but you couldn’t live with at home – don’t be fooled.

We had a Samsung that literally did go ‘pop’, got Panasonics now.

Cougar

There have been many, many threads lately asking the same question, including one like yesterday or the day before. Have a read:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=site:singletrackworld.com+tv+4k

TL;DR – Toshiba, Panasonic or Samsung, from John Lewis. 4K is probably a waste of money unless you’re going over 50″.

I’m going to close this as a duplicate, it’s getting silly now! (-:

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘New TV advice’ is closed to new replies.