Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • New Turner DW 5 spot, bulit up at last – piccies
  • Vortexracing

Well what seems like a eternity of deliberating over this and a Mojo or keep the Ventana X5 , I finally bought the Turner.

Didn't really want this colour but the guys at Merlin did me a deal i couldn't turn down. 🙄

Here it is

It weighs 28lbs on the nose as it is in the piccy and 26.6lbs with some 2.25 Nobby Nics and Racing Ralphs on.

Just got to see how it rides compared to the Ventana X5. Sorry Alan but I really did have to try one of these. 🙁

Kept my Lyriks to try on it when required and some 5.1 DT swiss wheels with some 2.5 High Rollers on them.

Oh and I also believe they do them in adult sizes 😉

br
    Free Member

Amazing what some people will buy their kids!

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

What brakes are they? Formulas or Ashimas?

Vortexracing

Cheeky sod 🙄

and

Formula R1

flippinheckler
    Free Member

That doesnt look like a DW 5 Spot, the down tube & top tube differ from mine ❗

Am I missing something???

Vortexracing

Am I missing something???

no I am, about 3" off my legs 🙄

coogan
    Free Member

Nice. Sure you'll love it.

ajr
    Free Member

Looks great.

mudmonster
    Free Member

Very nice, I like the colour. Lots of standover.

Vortexracing

Cheers Gents, Sorry Alan, i'm sure i'll be back for another Ventana.

The grey X5 isn't going anywhere until i'm sure this is better.

Coil is next on the list coogan, thats if it will fit in that small trangle, my mate is sure he saw you or ChunkyMTB at the cafe in les Arcs last week or so. He was on a bright orange Hustler.

Can't be that many raw DW 5's with Lyriks on.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Yep, we were both there last week.

coogan
    Free Member

It's closed down now.

heihei

Looks nice. Hope for your sake the HD loses out!!

Think you may struggle on the coil shock – seem to remember reading on MTBR forum that coils won't fit the small frame.

neil853
    Free Member

nice dave, very nice 🙂

Vortexracing

Think you may struggle on the coil shock – seem to remember reading on MTBR forum that coils won't fit the small frame

Better get over there and check it. I know it was a problem on pre 2006 Ventana X5's as well.

got them XX revs yet Neil and you OK for tomorrow night, big shake down ride up Rivvy.

retro83
    Free Member

gotta get me one of these 🙂 very nice

coogan
    Free Member

This is the sort of clearance you get with a medium. Dunno if that helps any?!

GavinB

Oh, that looks very nice.

Hope the amount of groundwater has receded by tomorrow, as it was a little damp last night! 😯

Vortexracing

bugger all clearance there, how close does the reservoir come to the downtube?

and heihei I now the Mojo HD may be a good alternative, but i'm sure nobody would have sold me one for the £1250 the Turner cost 8)

I don't care how wet it is, I'm going out tomorrow night

ton

Oh and I also believe they do them in adult sizes

that would be the sultan then dave???……… 😉

very nice old jud mate

coogan
    Free Member

Dunno how close, but it's never hit it.

DeeJay
    Free Member

looks great – and a bargain – you can give us a ride report tomorrow night

Vortexracing

Can do Deejay, but i'm trying to get a day in the lakes on Saturday which will be more of a true test

neil853
    Free Member

big shake down ride up Rivvy

eh?

yoshimi

Very nice vortex 🙂 (I'm not going to mention the tyre logos)

Vortexracing

big shake down ride up Rivvy

allright, a small pootle round the chinese gardens then

(I'm not going to mention the tyre logos)

and i'll not mention

8)

convert

Hope you enjoy it. I got an 09 size large from Merlin 5 or 6 months ago and love it. It looks so different in teeny tiny though! I never though much about the change in proportions with the ikle frames. With only the headtube changing in length at the front and relatively long forks, even with a lot of seatpost showing like you have the bars are well above the saddle whilst mine is above in "XC mode".

voodoo-rich

Lovely- you must have got the same SDG seatpost/saddle deal off Wiggle that I did! Seems a bit firm so far…

Vortexracing

The I beam does get broken in over time. I got the post from CRC, I already had the seat and a 27.2 post in the Ventana. You just have to give them time to soften.

The forks are at full 150mm and the stem is only sat on a 5mm spacer, may have to drop it directly onto the headset. Dropping the fork a few mm should help a bit.

IIRC MBR said that the headtube was sat quite high up. Not that I take any notice of them or I would have 725mm bars on it and a 50mm stem

neil853
    Free Member

is it out tonight dave? looking forward to seeing it if so

Vortexracing

yip, itching to try it

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘New Turner DW 5 spot, bulit up at last – piccies’ is closed to new replies.