Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • new tumble drier time
  • neilnevill
    Free Member

Just switched the tumble drier on and it is making a deafening death rattle. I will pull it out , get the back off and see if its fixable tomorrow, however I am now doing the replacement research as if needed it needs to be ordered pronto, being late autumn and having 2 kids (2yo and 9 week old).

Its location means it needs to be a condensing unit, not the elephants trunk outside type.

current one, Hoover hd vision, not impressed tbh, its only about 3yo and I’ve had to find and fix noises a couple of times already (although tbf, young kids means it gets well used).

So what’s best?

takisawa2

This could be an ideal opportunity to closely examine your Wife’s bra collection, looking for a misplaced bra wire.
    I was all set to write ours off until I found the thing.

5plusn8
    Free Member

Agree about the bra thing.
    Failing that, get a bosch, ours is 6 years old, and other than a switch which was fixed by bosch warranty about 18 months in, it has been faultless. my kids are 10 and 8 and go through several outfits a day.

neilnevill
    Free Member

yeah i wouldnt be surprised if i find something and fix it….although it a very loud death rattle this time! drum still turns so possibly not just a failed belt. anyway, i’ll pull the back off tomorrow.

bosch, yes i tend to go there….got this hoover as i thought ‘theres f’all to go wrong on a tumble drier, i’ll save few quid’ mistake. back to bosch i feel. john lewis have a heat pump bosch for £419, which is elsewhere for £399(although not checked postage), i’m tempted.

Bosch WTW863S1GB if anyone has it.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

We have a 5yr old Hoover Infinity condenser (DYC893B), i’d recommend this system TBH – the water container clips to the rear of the door, easy to remove when it gets near the max. level line.
    Also has a simple recessed filter pocket & the lower condensation container rarely needs emptying/cleaning.
    It’s auto-sensing but we can easily manipulate the programme so we don’t cook the laundry or get it out just before it’s baked to iron stuff (if needed).
    I’ve had to replace the intake fan but the replacement was a better design to be fair so won’t have the same problem again.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

My hotpoint is about 15 years old now. Have to replace the crapph plastic door catch every 18-24months for a couple of quid and had to replace the temp sensor about a year ago which was about £12 plus about 20mins work inc soldering.

It’s soldiered on pretty well to be fair.

neilnevill
    Free Member

Ok tbf to the Hoover I fixed it. I found I’d’broken’ it. Being heavy handed replacing the heat exchanger after I’d cleaned it, I’d smacked it in so hard I’d nudged the machine back against the wall denting the rear cover so it was rubbed by the fan. Found problem quickly and fixed with a hammer.
    I felt slightly disappointed, yet pleased at the same time

dawson

“Fixed with a hammer”

Always the best type of repair 😉

neilnevill
    Free Member

It did feel oddly satisfying!

sturmeyarcher

After much dithering 6 months ago, we have a Siemens iQ700. Heat pump condenser type; well built, A+++ efficient, dries clothes, doesn’t pump out any humidity and quiet enough to have on in the kitchen.

jonesyboy

Bosch Heatpump jobby here – seems to cost about 35p for a load of drying according to the smart meter.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘new tumble drier time’ is closed to new replies.