Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 85 total)
  • New truck time – can't decide colour
  • What say thee, oh STW collective?

Flame away and give your opinions, which I can duly disregard 😉

parkesie
    Free Member

What do you want to do with it? Ponce about or haul stuff?

iainc

here you go , I asked a similar question 😀

legend
    Free Member

What do you want to do with it? Ponce about or haul stuff?

Just like my current truck, it’s primarily a work vehicle, but doubles as a family car

here you go , I asked a similar question

It’s actually ‘Pride Orange’, although can look a bit brown…

ratherbeintobago

Paprika FTW.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Not the brown one.

ratherbeintobago

Not the brown one.

My wife had a 307 that colour. It wasn’t as bad as you’d think, even if it it was referred to as the wheeled pumpkin.

allthepies
    Free Member

I had a Fiesta in a similar colour to the “brown” one. “Copper Pulse” was the laardy-da term for it, I quite liked it 🙂

Had a test drive in the brown/orange one yesterday and it looks rather nice in the flesh. They do look a bit crap when dirty though

Bregante

It’s actually ‘Pride Orange’, although can look a bit brown…

because it is brown.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Black, the black one it’s awesumz

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Tonka-tastic yellow FTW!

ElectricWorry
    Free Member

Mine is white. Do not get white. Also check to see if they’ve sleeved the coolant hose next to the battery as mine wore through over the first year of driving leaving me at the side of the road last Christmas with steam pissing out of the engine bay.

Then on the way to morzine this year the exhaust gas recirculating valve cracked and blew out a hose, again leaving steam pissing out of the engine bay.

2 years of not very worry free driving in what was a brand new truck and I am counting down the days until I can give it back and get something else.

Enjoy.

unknown
    Free Member

truck

😆

curiousyellow
    Free Member

The gold one.

Rorschach
    Free Member

It’s not a ‘truck’……we’re not in ‘murica.
    It’s a pickup.
    If you wear a vest and a cork brimmed hat you could maybe call it a ‘ute’.

matt_outandabout

Mine is white. Do not get white. Also check to see if they’ve sleeved the coolant hose next to the battery as mine wore through over the first year of driving leaving me at the side of the road last Christmas with steam pissing out of the engine bay.

Then on the way to morzine this year the exhaust gas recirculating valve cracked and blew out a hose, again leaving steam pissing out of the engine bay.

2 years of not very worry free driving in what was a brand new truck and I am counting down the days until I can give it back and get something else.

Enjoy.

Had a white Navara, currently got a grey Navara. The current Ranger doesn’t look good in white IMO

The pipe looks like it’s braided…

*edit – is that even a cooling hose?

unknown – most people call them trucks

Rorschach
    Free Member

Confirms my suspicion that most people are @£#*ers

km79
    Free Member

unknown – most people call them trucks

Yes, in Merica! Most here call them pick ups.

Edit: Or **** mobiles.

bearnecessities

Confirms my suspicion that most people are @£#*ers

..truckers?

Wow, you call a pick-up ‘truck’ a truck and you’re a @£#*er?

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Yes, in Merica! Most here call them pick ups.

Call my 4×4 a truck, happy to, happy that you don’t think it’s acceptable.
    I don’t like in the West Midlands either.

Edit: Or **** mobiles.

Are you always so hateful when envious?

km79
    Free Member

Are you always so hateful when envious?

Mommy not hug you this morning?

bearnecessities

How about the copper red?

Harry_the_Spider

I’d have the orange one. My current car (MPV not SUV/Truck) is black and it shows every spot of dirt and scratch.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

It’s a truck, week in my mind they are anyway

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Mommy not hug you this morning?

Lol at the dude calling trucks “**** mobiles”. 😆

mikey74
    Free Member

Black.

For the record, they call them pickups in America as well.

pictonroad

It’s a truck. Ranger looks good in dark metallic colours I reckon. Silver?

captmorgan
    Free Member

Xylene
    Free Member

I hope you are getting the 3.2 6cyl diesel

White with tiger claw slashes on the body work

ElectricWorry
    Free Member

The coolant hose in question is clipped to the battery tray but if it’s got the knitted sleeve on it that a few of the other hoses appear to have in that picture then it’s been dealt with.

I think I got a Friday afternoon vehicle to be honest, little things just aren’t quite right.

It was still the best pickup available at the time. Loads of space for passengers, and a decent size flat bed, although the sliding roll top does occupy a bit of the space.

funkmasterp

That orange, brown, copper colour looks a bit Karate Monkey. Get that one.

How about the copper red?

They don’t do it in the top spec

My current car (MPV not SUV/Truck) is black and it shows every spot of dirt and scratch.

The top one is actually grey – I’ve currently got a grey truck and whilst not as bad as black, it’s still a dirt/scratch magnet

I hope you are getting the 3.2 6cyl diesel

They are actually a 5 cyl. My current Navara is a 3l V6, remapped to 270bhp. The Ranger feels very underpowered by comparison. The only new truck that compares is the recently released 3l V6 VW Amarok, but it’s £37k + VAT

It was still the best pickup available at the time. Loads of space for passengers, and a decent size flat bed, although the sliding roll top does occupy a bit of the space.

The facelift is lovely inside. The roll cover will be replaced with a hardtop

andyl
    Free Member

Finally seen the light and ditched the Navara? Although the new version does look a lot better.

Hose wise the big fat one with the visible braid is a turbo hose. The coolant one in question might be the one with blue tape on it disappearing downwards next to the turbo hose/battery. I have been eyeing one of these up myself but it seems like Ford are still making silly mistakes…just not sure they are built to last like the japanese stuff.

andyl
    Free Member

oh and colour wise it looks chunkier in orange. I like it.

Black might be better once the honeymoon/novelty period has worn off though

Finally seen the light and ditched the Navara? Although the new version does look a lot better.

Not a huge fan of the new ones. Mine is up to £63k on the clock now and the only problem I’ve ever had is the DPF (could happen to any truck), which I’ve just had cleaned and is fine now.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘New truck time – can't decide colour’ is closed to new replies.