Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • New Trek Slash 29 weird geometry numbers
  • fr0sty125
    Free Member

So the new Slash has a low and high position that is switched by effectively shortening seatstay link between the chainstay and main pivot. But when I look at them they just don’t make sense..

So according to Trek they all frame sizes have the same bb height in all sizes for the relevant low or high mode. All frame sizes also have the same head angle in the relevant mode. All frames sizes have the same CS for their relative mode.

However as far as I can work out some of these numbers are mutually exclusive. For example if you drop the BB to the same height in all sizes then a size large which has a longer front triangle would have a smaller change in head angle than a size small which has a shorter front triangle.

Other things don’t make sense such as the change in reach. According to trek there is a 14mm decrease in reach when going from high to low in size large. Yet in a size XL the decrease is only 6mm despite having a longer headtube which in theory mean the reach would actually be decreased more than a large.

chiefgrooveguru

The angles are fine, it’s too small a change to notice from size to size but the reach and stack numbers are weird.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Head angle doesnt go far enough . Would like to see more boundaries pushed!

julians
    Free Member

Quite fancy this bike,but as above doesn’t look as boundary pushing as it should be. Perhaps a geometron is in my future

bigjim

Head angle doesnt go far enough . Would like to see more boundaries pushed!

I think even that slack on a 29er is going to be a real slow, ponderous turner

frood
    Free Member

64 degrees on the last fast forward handles well enough for a 29er. Not ponderous nor too wandering on climbs

chiefgrooveguru

64 degrees static on a 140mm hardtail is about 65.5 deg at sag and steeper still when hitting turns hard, braking when descending, etc.

In the high/steep setting the Slash is at 65.6 deg static, that’ll be just over 65 deg with typical sag and slacker still when pumping turns, etc.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘New Trek Slash 29 weird geometry numbers’ is closed to new replies.