Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • New Transition Patrol Carbon
  • bigjim

Wow the stw is strong in this thread

I’m sure Transition will be desperately dropping the price of their frames and rewriting their sales material with some nice dry middle age middle class factual text as we speak

pigyn
    Free Member

Yeah, the £2339 is just for the frame part. Although you can have these old 26″ Mavic wheels and a set of naff old Manitous for free if you want 😉 Not much use mind.

A more usual rolling chassis offer would be frame £2339, Fox 36 FIT4 £756, hand built DT350/Easton ARC30 wheels £399.
    But seeing as a 6.2lb race frame isn’t light enough then just get the alu version for £1395 instead. 😀

baddddad
    Free Member

Throw in a jar of mayonnaise and I’ll think about it 🙂

jamj1974

ing the price of their frames and rewriting their sales material with some nice dry middle age middle class factual text as we speak

Don’t need the price to change just less of the humour designed for 13 year olds. Pretty sure their target market isn’t young teenagers – so they might want to think of that.

tops5
    Free Member

Who cares about their humour??? Although TBH I quite like they P out of bike industry bullshine

jamj1974

Who cares about their humour??? Although TBH I quite like they P out of bike industry bullshine

I like that aspect. It’s just the “Ha ha – he said ‘tits’ – ha ha!” that is dumb.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

i thought it was quite funny but i didnt realise they had a history of puerile humour. Wet farts.

thats too much cash for me though frame only!

legend
    Free Member

They can take the piss out of the industry all they want, but not whilst putting a £2,600 out with a 2 year warranty. Mibbie more time thinking about the kit, rather than trying to be clever with marketing?

bigjim

Perish the thought any of you sensitive souls are subjected to an episode of something like red dwarf or blackadder over the Xmas break!

legend
    Free Member

Red Dwarf’s funny though, and I need it to get through turbo sessions. It also has a longer warranty iirc

chakaping
    Free Member

If I was spending that kind of money on a road bike frame I’m sure there’d be loads of info on what grades of carbon fibre it used.

Transition could tell us that and just include a free copy of Viz with each frame. It’s a lot funnier TBH.

pigyn
    Free Member
    jamj1974

bigjim – Member
    Perish the thought any of you sensitive souls are subjected to an episode of something like red dwarf or blackadder over the Xmas break!

Are you serious? Both of those have liberal amounts of comedy genius!

Wookster

Lovely looking bike, but like all carbon MTBs it’s a fair wad of cash.

As for the TITS and WTF, I liked it it’s a dig at all,the marketing BS we get fed, I especially liked the Water bottle thing!

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘New Transition Patrol Carbon’ is closed to new replies.