Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • New Trails for South Wales
  • Diawl
    Free Member
    anjs
    Free Member

So just new blue / green trail at Afan. Wonder if it will still be worth going with only the Wall and Whites left?

Klunk
    Free Member

what’s happen to skyline ?

Twodogs

there’s still a bit of Skyline open…tho it gets smaller everytime I go. No sign of Penhydd re-opening either

anjs
    Free Member

The whole of the Skyline is due to close this summer so they can build a wind farm

Twodogs

is it? not heard that. that’s a real shame.

Twodogs

in which case, it starts to make trips to Afan look less attrative, with only 2 trails, about 30-35km long

scant
    Free Member

cwmcarn is going to become a lot more attractive with a 2nd DH course & XC loop; not to mention the new centre at merthyr

Twodogs

I’ll be spending more time at Brechfa! which is just fine with me 😀

z1ppy

the quote is actually “Some of the new trails at Afan Forest Park will be green/blue graded“, little lost how you assume from that, that they are the only things being built…

backhander
    Free Member

Well with Parsons Brinckerhoff involved, at least we know where most of the moneys going to go…….

Trailseeker
    Free Member

Creation of over a 105km of additional single track with one downhill trail suitable for disabled riders.

DH for disabled riders – is that for those offroad 4 wheeled chair type buggies?

z1ppy

eh? (I have no idea who Parson Brinckerhoff is)

KINGTUT
    Free Member

The whole of the Skyline is due to close this summer so they can build a wind farm

Ahh man, I love that trail.

Though a longer XC loop at Cwmcarn is just dandy.

backhander
    Free Member

Engineering CONsultancy. Probably have some semi skilled administrator project managing it for £1000/day.

mrmo
    Free Member

No skyline to me means no point in going to afan, it is by far my favourite trail centre route because you can get away from everything. Maybe they will create something similar at some point

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘New Trails for South Wales’ is closed to new replies.