Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • New Trail Helmet Time……
  • gdub923
    Free Member

Ok. So it is time for me to get a new trail helmet as my Giro Hex rear retention system has snapped and the helmet doesn’t sit well any more.

Has anyone had any experience with the Urge AM helmet and the POC Trabec? This is the two my lbs stock and I believe in giving him the business if I try on his products.

kayak23

New Bell one looks totes amaze.

gdub923
    Free Member

That does look sweet. But I have a funny shaped head and like to try before I buy with helmets.

No where local stocks bell helmets.

jam-bo

Another hex?

monkeyboyjc

If you have a funny shaped head and giros fit. Why not stick with another hex and save some money over the urge or porc?

gdub923
    Free Member

The hex was good, but I did find it was a bit flimsy round the back of the head which is where the retention system has snapped.

Both the Urge and POC look/feel more sturdy.

jamj1974

POC Trabec MIPS here. Really, really comfortable. Great in a ‘I don’t notice it’ way. Previously a dyed in the wool Xen user, POC have convinced me there are alternatives.

gdub923
    Free Member

POC Trabec MIPS here. Really, really comfortable. Great in a ‘I don’t notice it’ way. Previously a dyed in the wool Xen user, POC have convinced me there are alternatives.

Thanks, how do you find it on longer runs? I sweat like a race horse in all conditions, does it stop the drips down the face?

mrblobby
    Free Member

That Bell one looks ok. Amused to see it has a “goggle guide management system” and comes with an integrated go-pro mount 🙄

I’d probably go for the Urge one though.

xanboy
    Free Member

I will second the Poc, I’ve got a Trabec race. It’s properly comfortable and has loads of coverage. It is a bit warmer than my Giro Zar, but on par with my old Zen.
    My girlfriend bought a Trabec a while ago and she gets on with it really well, she persuaded me to try one as I’d been a Giro fan.

jamj1974

I may not be the best to comment as my head doesn’t sweat much. No worse than my Xen rhough.

patriotpro
    Free Member

What model is the Bell?

jam-bo

Bell super I think

jambon
    Free Member

Arn’t lids a bit like saddles in the way that brands have their own shape? I’m a Met/WTB kinda guy. Spesh lids feel like a potty on my head! I’d stick with Gyro if the last one fitted.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Quite like the Urge ones. Would probably get one of those if I swapped my Fox Flux out.

Rosss
    Free Member

Really like my specialized tactic

deserter
    Free Member

I fit a hex but tried the Urge ones on in the shop, the expensive one fit like a glove but the cheaper one didn’t, I was slightly put off by the fact they had no adjustment that I noticed, my son said I looked cool though so I’ll have to go back and get one

z1ppy

love the look of that new bell hope they have a good retention system, will be phoning leisure lake tomorrow to see when there in (CRC list stock as 1st May)… for me I’ve been looking for a while, as giro stopped making the Xen & the Xar isn’t the same shape (beyond weird), the Feature lacks vents for a sweat betty like myself, the urge ones don’t make one big enough to fit my head (let alone the vents), & the POC’s are stupidly expensive (but nice)

mmm ignoring the marketing spiel, it looks good.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6P_ZLZ3FMEI[/video]
    finally!

reedspeed
    Free Member

Poc trabec race here too !,tried allsorts & it’s the best fitting helmet I’ve ever had on my head bar none !..

Coyote
    Free Member

A larger head here. The Kali Chakra is a very, very good helmet and a real bargain.

hora
    Free Member

How about no helmet for trail riding?

Coyote
    Free Member

Speaking of larger heads… 🙂

hora
    Free Member

I did 4 descents including Beast and steep cheeky today after I forgot my helmet.

My head. Maybe not for the above but for trail riding why the scary need? I only started wearing a helmet 6yrs ago. Anwaaay thats o/t..sorry OP

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

Ooh that product development manager can play with my Helmet any day

legend
    Free Member

My head. Maybe not for the above but for trail riding why the scary need?

Cause shit happens. Yesterday my head and face were piled into the ground and scraped along a flat section of trail that I’ve ridden a dozen times, life would’ve sucked just a little moar without the helmet

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘New Trail Helmet Time……’ is closed to new replies.