Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • New trail frame
  • Highland28
    Free Member

Well I am thinking of a frame change, looking to spend around £1200 ish on a new frame, should be able to get most of this together from my mojo. So currently looking at Pivot Mach 5.7 but this is looking like it could be a good bit over budget with the new bb, headset plus rear axle for my pro 2s. Also noticing Nicolai’s but again they are a little over budget. I like the idea of a 5spot and I know that a lot of people rave about them but unsure on how well the frame is going to hold up.
    I am keen to move back to alloy rather than carbon, has anyone got any more suggestions?

Many thanks

stephen1471
    Free Member

Eurobike 2012: Nukeproof rework Mega plus all new DH bike

The new megas look smashing to me! Great deals on frames only aswell

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

What sort of trails do you ride?

That new genesis grapil looks like it might be quite good and cheap.

Stevelol
    Free Member

Transition bandit?

kane10255
    Free Member

What about the Transition Bandit it gets awesome reviews

Bregante

Stretch a further £150 and get a Cotic Rocket?

Not ridden one but they get rave reviews

Highland28
    Free Member

Usual riding is Glentress and Innerleithen, however alot of it is the secret stuff around there. It will need to stand up to the odd trip out the alps and be able to take on some DH tracks. So it is a bit of a wide range of riding but I am a fairly aggressive rider and am looking to get something that is more geared towards this. I do like the weight of the Ibis however weight is not something I tend to focus on. I am happier trying to get fitter.

stephen1471
    Free Member

I ride mostly at inners as it’s local to me and do alot of the enduro trails there. I’ve preordered a new transition covert as I reckon it will be perfect for the job!

eyerideit
    Free Member

Out of interest, what’s wrong with the mojo, is it just too old/knackered or are you bored if it?

Northwind

Nukeproof Mega’s well worth a look and under budget. Not as flashy as the Mojo but a lot more biased towards what you describe. But would need a fork swap I guess too?

I keep recommending the Stumpjumper Evo, it really is bloody superb. If I could only have one bike I wouldn’t even need to stop and think tbh.

Basically it’s your standard slack/tough 5 incher isn’t it- Five, Zesty, all that.

Highland28
    Free Member

Nothing wrong with the Ibis, in fact I really like the way it rides. But with a new front triangle just put on under warranty before the summer and a new rear being sent from the US as we speak now is the best time to have a change.
    My riding style has been gradually changing throughout the last couple of years, since I got the mojo. I used to be very much xc/trail however I am looking to move on to do Enduro races and the like.
    I think ideally I would like a Mojo HD but these are difficult to come by.

Highland28
    Free Member

Anyone got more opinions? Still undecided as to what I am going to do? There seem to be a lot of single pivot bikes popping up and being suggested!

geetee1972
    Free Member

I have a Nicolai Helius AM still with over two years transferable warranty left on it for sale. I’m getting another helius but going full custom. That’s how much I love it.

I’ve listed it on hereListing Here. I’m keen to see it go to a good home and can’t think of a better place for it than Scotland. It’s well within your budget and I’m happy to discuss the price.

Kryton57

There’s and ASR-5 frame in the classifieds, stick a 140mm fork on there….

Otherwise, the Transition Bandit. when you get fed up with that, can I have first dibs please. 🙂

continuity
    Free Member

Nomadc?

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

If you like the Mojo then the Mojo HD 160/140 would probably be a good move.

Others I can think of that get good reviews or I have heard people comment positively on are:
    Spesh Stumpy Evo/Enduro
    Trek Remedy/Slash
    Lapierre Zesty/Spicy
    Orange 5/Alpine 160
    Mondraker Foxy/Dune
    Yt Wicked 150/160
    Cannondale Jekyl
    Santa Cruz Blur LT/Nomad
    Commencal Meta AM

Long list really and there could be more too. Might be worth demoing the Treks and Santa Cruz’s if you can at GT?

I suppose there is a clear split between 140mm bikes and 150/160mm ones which would be marketed as more aggro. Which side are you leaning toward-slightly lighter for the trail centre stuff or burlier/longer travel for bigger stuff?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘New trail frame’ is closed to new replies.