Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • New Trail centre for Leeds
  • robgclarkson
    Free Member

apologies if this has been done, but could you take a moment to sign a petition to encourage the building of a new trail centre in Leeds?

click me

thanks forum 🙂

jaylittle
    Free Member

Done

robgclarkson
    Free Member

thanks… i may have a slight vested interest in this as it would be about 1 mile from my front door!!!

ads678

Done, I ride past Middleton Park on my commute so this would be great!!

Is this literally just a petition to ask the council or is there an actual plan in place?

robgclarkson
    Free Member

the council were asking people a few months ago if they thought it would be wanted or not, i think this is the result of that, there was certainly something on the leeds council website, it’s gone now though, which is annoying

firestarter
    Free Member

Not sure I’d want to take an expensive bike round miggy woods 🙂

ads678

You’ll be fine if you’re on it, just don’t leave it outside unattended!!

Sounds promising though I’ll send a link on to some other mtbers I know.

seavers
    Free Member

I would love to see this go ahead but having spend many hours playing on the unofficial trails I’m not sure if it’s big enough to accomodate a ‘trail center’ and keep walkers\families happy.

Just my thoughts but I think a couple of well thought out yet short ‘freeride’ runs (similar to Glentress) would be great. Plus a blue/green route through and around the woods for more chilled riding.

Is there a proposal?

ernie67

Done – as a Wakey lad this gets a big thumbs up from me

ninfan
    Free Member

Will everyone just stop collating the introduction of a waymaked trail, which would be a really, really good thing, with the creation of a trail centre – its only going to scare the horses and get the anti’s up in arms about plagues of lycra louts bowling over old ladies in the middle of the park.

spacehopper

signed 🙂

nealglover
    Free Member

Signed. Not far from me at all, would be great.

Mugboo

Signed and shared.

hanchurch
    Free Member

Signed would be my closest trail centre.

craig24
    Free Member

Signed 🙂

BFITH
    Free Member

Signed.

Whilst I love the welsh/North Yorkshire trail centres… something nearer would be a welcome change. Would Middleton park be hilly/big enough?

Pook

Is the picture on that link Llandegla? I rode that once at night with no lights. Terrifying.

Signed

jakd95
    Free Member

Signed

Dylan08
    Free Member

Signed 🙂 another positive addition for Leeds riders

robgclarkson
    Free Member

BFITH – Member
    Signed.

Whilst I love the welsh/North Yorkshire trail centres… something nearer would be a welcome change. Would Middleton park be hilly/big enough?

a good designer could make a good trail in the woods, maybe not too long, but couple that with a local ride, of which there’s loads of good stuff, and it’s sure fire winner!

Pook

They’re just copying Sheffield again though. Leeds always does.

darthshearer
    Free Member

Hence why Sheffield Centre is so prosperous…..oh wait on.

Signed

ahwiles
    Free Member

BFITH – Member

Signed.

there’s a reasonably popular Dh race in Sheffield, making excellent use of a whopping 60metre vertical drop. it’s roughly the same ‘size’ as Parkwood, and Lady Cannings.

All a tonne of fun.

you don’t need mountains (or even big hills) for a mountain bike.

thepodge
    Free Member

Come on now, that race is only popular because of Steve Peat.

nealglover
    Free Member

Cool. I’m giddy with excitement for the soon to be opened “Leeds Derelict Ski Village”

ahwiles
    Free Member

thepodge – Member

Come on now, that race is only popular because of Steve Peat.

it’s still a fun trail. (imho) not hindered one iota by it’s lack of elevation.

would it be more fun with more elevation? – maybe, maybe not. i think it’s broad appeal is based on it’s relative ease, especially climbing back up.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘New Trail centre for Leeds’ is closed to new replies.