Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • New trail built near Harrogate….
  • jonny-m
    Free Member

Can anyone give me directions or a GR for this please, heard it was near fewston/swinsty reservoir, took a ride out there today but couldn’t find it!

scuttler

According to the press release it’s in the Beecroft Plantation which is here http://binged.it/1aVOyvv. I’ve not been though so can’t be sure. I’d suggest there’s some access from the road the runs down past the wood to the embankment.

jonny-m
    Free Member

Sorry but that link don’t work for me…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    imnotamused
    Free Member
    jonny-m
    Free Member

Trouble is they haven’t advertised it anywhere and I can’t find it!

chris_db
    Free Member

If you park in Fewston / Swinsty res car park, head up the main road as if heading back to Timble cross roads (go past the two houses) you will come to a gravelled gate access after about 300m. Hop over the gate and take the entrance to the wood on the left after 10m or so.

It was built by Yorkshire Water to help grow access. It’s packed full of features but basically has no flow and too much going on. Nothing steep. If you want proper downs go to Stainburn.

Chris

jonny-m
    Free Member

seems I was in the right area, just missed it somehow…

jonny-m
    Free Member

Hate stainburn by the way, I find the natural stuff much much better than the purpose built trail, but it’s too boggy at the moment, so stay off it until spring, the built trails are just a pain to ride tbh !

grum
    Free Member

Hate stainburn? 😕

jonny-m
    Free Member

Yea, no flow, too much interference, hate it, best part about stainburn for me is trying to clear the climb back up after the downhill bit.
    Love the natural stuff over the road though….
    Each to their own I guess

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘New trail built near Harrogate….’ is closed to new replies.