Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • new track pump rqd – reccomendations please
  • iainc

My trusty old Joe Blow sport is dying after 8 yrs use, so no complaints. Before I buy another one the same, is there anything better/more reliable around ?

Thanks

iainc

no one ? 🙂

Oggles
    Free Member

I much prefer the ‘automatic’ valve select heads on Specialized pumps. Looks like some of the Joe Blow pumps have something similar too now though!

MentalMickey
    Free Member

I got this one http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/road-track-bike/Track-Floor-Pump-Joe-Blow-Turbo/TOPEPUMF300000000000?utm_campaign=Googlebase&utm_medium=organic&utm_source=Googlebase as a Christmas present and it’s grand.

But all the Joeblow one’s are good ain’t they? Same with the Blackburn Air Tower too?

z1ppy

Just go to the SKS cycles site, they sell all the service kits for them. Rejuvenated mine for £2

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Just go to the SKS cycles site, they sell all the service kits for them. Rejuvenated mine for £2

^ This.

While we’re on the topic, what is the consensus on Lezyne pumps? They look very sexy indeed, but if some of the multitools are anything to go by, could be a case of form over function. Opinions?

iainc

thanks for the heads up on the service kits. I got perishing hoses and a dodgy head unit so I think a new one is in order.

Keen to hear about the Lezyne ones – Merlin are doing them cheapish with extra off this weekend (sat and Sun) on the VIP login….tempted 😀

stratobiker
    Free Member

I think you need a….
    “silca track pump”

They’re the industry standard.
    Been around 4 eva.
    Loads of spare easily available.
    Had mine for at least 15 years.

Yeah, you can get all these fancy ones, but…….silca track pump does it for me.

SB

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘new track pump rqd – reccomendations please’ is closed to new replies.