Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • New Toy
  • mattyh222
    Free Member

Hey guys, if you read my commute in the snow thread and had a look at the pics i put up a few weeks back you will recall i mentioned i was riding my girlfriend's bike as i was waiting for delivery of my new bike. Well she has arrived, built her up yesterday on my day off and she's an absolute beaut! Not sure whether i think its the best bike considering im commuting on it on salty/grit covered roads but it means it gets 2 washes a day! 😀

So here she is…

Sorry about the indoor pics but when i set off to work its dark, when i leave work…its dark!

Oh…and the weight including pedals, and DH wide bars is 22.5lbs

Will get better pics up sometime soon i hope

Cheers

A very happy Matt

Kuco

Very nice.

james
    Free Member

Why DH wide bars on an XC race bike?
    Do you commute offroad?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

sweet

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Love this bike, was going to get one but went for my Merida.

Only thing I would do is change the cage to black or carbon!

luke.ellis
    Free Member

needs some mud on it!

HTTP404
    Free Member

my god! is that a twin cassette deck hi-fi?

whosthedaddy
    Free Member

Bloody lovely

69er
    Free Member

You want to get your woodburner plumbed in mate, isn't it cold where you are?

And nice bike btw, wheels look a bit small though 😉

mildred

Nice bike, but I'd need to sort out those power cables and plugs.

mattyh222
    Free Member

Cheers guys

DH wide bars because i really really really dislike narrow bars and used to ride DH and its all ive got spare in 31.8 clamp thats not flat and narrow, ive got some new monkeylites on order so im just using these for the time being, and my commute is onroad in the morning offroad at night.

And yes it is a twin cassette sound-system, its a real beaut, not mine though (the girlfriend's mum is abit odd)shhhhh

Bottlecage is going full bonty race xxx-lite for the laugh i think but this was free and its all i had to hand in the workshop!

Cheers

Matt

adey205
    Free Member

have to admit not normally a fan of the 'dale, but this one i like.
    nice ride 😀

nonk
    Free Member

oooophhhh…sir. nice sir.

westkipper
    Free Member

Why do Cannondale make such nice bikes, only to ruin them with those cheap looking, mixed case font CAnnOnDALE graphics?
    Get the updated classic version back on the MTBs
    Sorry, I felt I had to offer a bit of harsh critisism there to balance out the positive. 😉

taka
    Free Member

nice how many millions did that cost then?

mattyh222
    Free Member

the bike is £2800 retail.

[Trade ad reference deleted – Mod]

Matt

69er
    Free Member

That was subtle. NOT!!!!! 😳

Please delete mods!

holyhutzpa
    Free Member

You've the seatpost collar on the wrong way 😛

terrahawk
    Free Member

nice to see you've got your box of tissues handy.

scraprider
    Free Member

nice bike , hang on isnt that socks on the radiatior!!!!(pic 4)

njee20
    Free Member

Surprised at the 22.5lbs weight, when the lightest one's about 17lbs or sommat!

Does look nice, I like those frames.

dale
    Free Member

watch the brake hose on the inside of the lefty as it may rub the tyre on full compression prefer to route on the outside (protect against rub)looks light and fast and new bike nice

Rex
    Free Member

Nice. Which model flash is that?

zaskar
    Free Member

Good colour.

XC race machine?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

>holyhutzpa – Member

>You've the seatpost collar on the wrong way

doesnt everybody have the bolt/Q/R at the front to keep it out of the way of the muck flung off the rear wheel and to minimise dirt ingress? Or is that just me and the OP?

Nice bike, clumsy advertising 😀

JoeBones
    Free Member

Are you saving up for the rest of the fork?

IGMC

Nice bike 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Nice. Ive actually bought a 16" 456 (Im 6ft1) 😀

I'd never be able to afford the Dale above tho!

takisawa2

I bet that **** flies…!!!

dano
    Free Member

love the way that nobody looks at the bike, but at the house and the socks on the radiator…ahahahahahah….
    nice bike, but whats it going to be like in a lake district winter on the rocks and mud???

mattyh222
    Free Member

sorry about the random plug for wheelbase guys i apologise for that one.

njee20: the lightest is 16.8lbs, the frame is a lighterwieght wigher-mod of carbon to this one, this bike is the highest spec without it going into the high-mod frames and yes the price tag is £7000 for one of those bad boys, comes equipped with XX throughout, Cannondale SI chainset which is pretty much the lightest thing known to man and is well and truely scary once its out the frame!

Dale: thanks for the advice on the hose routing, im still trying to figure out the best way to route it up the fork but the bike is getting a full strip down this weds as the new roll of frame protector is going on there so i'll play around with it then.

the model is the flash carbon 3 – elixirs, xtr, afterburner cranks, carbon lefty etc etc.

zaskar: im thinking of doing a few races this year yes, starting off with the whinlatter challenge and all the ones like that and see how i do and see how long i keep the bike, ive not raced since i was a wee whipper (im still kind of there) and hopefully i'll do alright (i hope my 2 hours on a bike a day provide me with something) however i ride alot of all mountain/downhill through the summer so i'll see how long i keep the 'dale for.

hora: nice work dude, ive stripped down my gf's 456 and building her back upto to be my little play bike/4x/glentress/pump track beast while she's busy at work for the next few months.

dano: lake district winter is beauty, the racing ralfs are pretty loose in the snow and sheet ice is a massive no-no as i found out on the way home, but rocks and mud are ok, ive got enough frame-protector to sink a ship and it gets 2 washes a day!

sorry about the long-winded replies,

peace

matt

LordJingles
    Free Member

I'm not usually a fan but that is very very nice… hubba hubba!

wonnyj
    Free Member

Looks super quick 😀

br
    Free Member

you need the bolt at the same side as the slot, so they both 'close' together

0091paddy
    Free Member

Very nice bike Sir.

oldgit
    Free Member

Sir, I shall pretend I never saw those bars. Anyway if it's a race bike it'll get the thumbs up from me.

radoggair
    Free Member

very nice bike, only thing i would comment on is that it looks like its got quite a long wheelbase and the rear tyre looks out of sorts compared to rest of bike. Nice though, great colour, spec etc

njee20
    Free Member

Aah, didn't realise that it was a different frame too.

Friend of mine (Cannondale sponsored) has one of the £7k XX ones, not seen it yet, but it's certainly a properly mental bike on paper!

aracer
    Free Member

Bottlecage is going full bonty race xxx-lite for the laugh i think

I'd definitely recommend a x-lite (single x) cage instead. Is far more robust. xxx-lite cage is really too fragile for off-road use, and only a few grams in it.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘New Toy’ is closed to new replies.