Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • New Toy…
  • njee20
    Free Member

In true STW fashion I thought I'd post pics of my new bike on here before I actually ride it properly! Did an hours spin on it a couple of weeks ago, now a cough has kept me off it!

A few spec changes still to make, changing the wheels to ZTR Podium, changing the bars to Monkeylite SL and the seat mast to New Ultimate, possibly a few others too. Seems very nice though, 21lbs with the Mud-Xs and the XTR pedals, I'll run Egg Beaters with ti axles in the summer. Got a brand new SID Team too, can't decide whether to put it on the Fuel or the new winter bike!

Few more here clicky

nonk
    Free Member

bloody hell its not a spesh..

ojom
    Free Member

That must have set you back a few pounds. More than a fiver for sure!!

dobo
    Free Member

do you have black and white spokes?

looks nice though, what cranks are they? also looks like your front mechs too high? but not seen one of thoose ones..

trail_rat
    Free Member

spesh finally pissed you off then nick ?

sharkbait
    Free Member

nice bike but hose: fail

njee20
    Free Member

Aye, just fancied a change from the Spesh.

Cranks are SRAM XX 28/42, front mech may be a bit high, one of our shop bods built it, so I've not really checked it over.

Not shortening hoses until I've decided on fork and handlebars, yeah they are too long, not sure on the routing either, bit messy around the bars.

Dougal
    Free Member

Looks sweet. No excuses for missing the podium now!

BTW, you run the stem that high and long?

sharkbait
    Free Member

Not shortening hoses until I've decided on fork and handlebars, yeah they are too long, not sure on the routing either, bit messy around the bars.

No mate…….. hose pipe 😉

Bike looks great.

njee20
    Free Member

Ah yes, definitely epic hose fail there, blame my parents, it's their house! Hoses are too long though, rear one brushes my leg!

That's literally out of the box Dougal, I doubt I'll run that high, but will likely stick with the 100mm, it's still shorter than the Epic! Doing a few more triathlons next year, so probably still won't be bothering the podium in Expert!

organic355
    Free Member

looks great, you obviously have far too much money? 😀

matt_outandabout

Tie that down before it floats off…

njee20
    Free Member

It cost me £300 after I sold the original wheels, plus the frame/fork/chainset from my Epic, so not too bad, and I've still got all the other bits off the Epic too!

nickc

Ooooh posh

slowrider
    Free Member

i was looking at one of those XX cassettes now i run a single ring up front, 36t top cog would definitely mean id never need a granny ring again. saw the price of 270 justfor the cassette and didnt even bother looking at the shifter price!

your bike looks nice and fast fella, enjoy!

njee20
    Free Member

Aye, it is nuts, hence building a winter bike too, parts are a joke!

You know Shimano do the '29er' cassettes with a 36t top sprocket? It does seem good, the shifting is very quick, particularly on the front mech.

santacruzsi
    Free Member

Like it !!!

gee
    Free Member

UR BIK IZ SARACIN

gee
    Free Member

Very nice! I agree on the SID – it'll last more than one muddy ride. I also agree on the need for the winter bike… Which knowing you will be an XTR'd hardtail?

GB

gee
    Free Member

Will the SID fit? Is that normal 1 1/8 or tapered?

njee20
    Free Member

Bog standard, none of this tapered malarky!

The winter bike is a super cheap Chinese carbon hardtail from eBay, but yes, it will be nicely specced, nowt wrong with that!

bikerbruce
    Free Member

Lovely….XX.
    I will have it on my race bike next year,how are the shifters.
    Go with sid's lighter ! and mmx podium too as Ive just ordered a set.
    what do you do btw?

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘New Toy…’ is closed to new replies.