Viewing 26 posts - 161 through 186 (of 186 total)
  • New Top Gear just started,
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

It was way better last night, seeing the P1 on the edge of traction was great. Nae idea who that “star” was though.

However I reserve my right to watch it, hate it, and moan on here about it.

If you don’t like that, don’t read my posts, OK?

gilbertodepiento
    Free Member

Who the hell do you think you are? Coming on here with your sensible comments. Your type are not welcome. Bugger off. 🙂

billysugger
    Free Member

I thought it was alright.

I know, that opinion wouldn’t fit with it’s trolling script aimed to polarize.

Thought Lotus would have got a mention when they were testing that toy car and banging on about light weight, small-engined models like they’d just discovered the wheel.

Who would still watch it if it wasn’t on on a Sunday night?

Did someone say Heartbeat’s coming back on? miiiiiiiiiiiiiint!

Jamie
    Free Member

Nae idea who that “star” was though.

It’s Tom Hiddleston, he plays Loki in the Thor/Avenger films.

Really nice guy apparently.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRSuK_kR5iM[/video]

johndoh
    Free Member

The best TG stuff (and there have been some good ones) are the proper adventures they go on

I agree

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It’s Tom Hiddleston, he plays Loki in the Thor/Avenger films.

Really nice guy apparently.

I did have a little chuckle at the reference to Slough Comp. 😀

gilbertodepiento
    Free Member

Why?

bikebouy
    Free Member

I read a Sunday Paper yesterday and there was an article in it by Clarkson who openly stated he rode his bike around Town rather than take a Dacia that was on test…
    Then there was a pic of Clarkson with HiVis & 4 cameras on his body.. He was also wearing a pair of Oakleys..
    Yo! Jezza.

RustySpanner

milky1980 – Member

Top Gear tried to be a serious motoring show once.

Got axed.

Clarkson fought to bring it back as the new format that has morphed into this, purely due to it being popular with viewers.

There’s a balance to be struck.
    I don’t want to bring back William Woollard telling us how many Werther’s you can fit into a Marina glovebox.

Neither do I want a programme which revels in it’s ignorance, promotes hatred of other road users and celebrates only the crassest aspects of it’s chosen subject.

What would you prefer? Antiques Roadshow?

No.
    I want a better motoring show.
    I’ve mentioned this many times. 😐

binners – Member

Lets be honest here. Those slagging off Top Gear are just mourning the loss of the days when Sunday evening was the very pinnacle of weekly televisual entertainment. I too, long for those halcyon days.
    It’s not been the same since they axed Pro Celebrity Golf and One Man And His Dog, has it? 😀

Boba Fatt – Member
    Don’t like it? Couldn’t give a shit

Thanks. I’ll make a note….
    Oh sorry, what were you saying? 🙂

drlex
    Free Member

Gilbertodepiento-
    Merely a shibboleth amongst some ex-public-school people when referring to Eton College. Sometimes “Slough Grammar”.

RustySpanner

bikebouy – Member

I read a Sunday Paper yesterday and there was an article in it by Clarkson who openly stated he rode his bike around Town rather than take a Dacia that was on test…
    He would say that after his recent activities though, wouldn’t he?
    And as has been said by his little acolytes, you don’t actually believe what he says, do you? 😀

colonel wax – Member
    I’d like to watch a program about cars presented by people who are funny

Funnily enough, so would I.

richmars

I want a better motoring show.

So you keep saying, without giving details of how you fill 6×1 hours with stuff millions will watch.

brakes
    Free Member

6×59 minutes of JC being publically flogged, then 6×1 minutes of his not-so-smug-anymore face.

RustySpanner

There are so many topics that could be included, it would be a pointless list.

Do you ever read intelligent and thought provoking motoring journalism?
    You know, the kind of stuff that used to be written by Laughing Len Setright, Russell Bulgin, Phil Llewellyn, even May at the Telegraph.
    Like that, but on television.

piemonster

So you keep saying, without giving details of how you fill 6×1 hours with stuff millions will watch.

And keep them watching more importantly. You could easily fill the time.

With Quentin talking about the latest Ford Mundano eco diesel.

If only it’d been tried before.

Jamie
    Free Member

Nice shimmy.

piemonster

Actually, on the topic of real world car reviews.

Why would you bother with a motoring show?

Youve got either a limited 60 or 30 minute show.

Or you can source info from the internet with every single car available reviewed in extreme detail by multiple reviewers. In both text and video formats, with stacks of images thrown in.

RustySpanner

piemonster – Member

With Quentin talking about the latest Ford Mundano eco diesel.
    If only it’d been tried before.

Do you read any other posts other than the ones you agree with?

piemonster

Yeh, but most of yours come across as whiny so they havent sunk in.

richmars

Do you ever read intelligent and thought provoking motoring journalism?
    You know, the kind of stuff that used to be written by Laughing Len Setright, Russell Bulgin, Phil Llewellyn, even May at the Telegraph.

Yes, but I READ them.
    I don’t watch TV for things I can READ.

RustySpanner

Jamie – Member

Nice shimmy.

Don’t you start. 😀

I like good motoring journalism.
    There’s a lot of it about.

Have a look at Car magazine for a few examples of how to do it properly.
    TG obviously have, as they initially ripped off the contents wholesale when the show returned.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Or you can source info from the internet with every single car available reviewed in extreme detail by multiple reviewers. In both text and video formats, with stacks of images thrown in.

And there we have it. A sensible comment! 😀

It’s much like bike magazines. Stopped buying them years ago, as I can get all I need online.

Ditto car stuff. If I wanted to read/see a serious test of a car, perhaps one I might consider buying, I can find all that very easily. Hell, I may even start a thread on here asking for further opinion.

I very much doubt that anyone on here could give me a nice run down of what it’s like driving a Veyron at full chat, or schlepping across the Okvango (spl?) in a W123 with the doors off, etc.

It’s entertainment. It may not be to everyone’s taste, but then the same applies to almost any genre of entertainment.

RustySpanner

richmars – Member
    I don’t watch TV for things I can READ.

So what do you watch then?

piemonster – Member

Yeh, but most of yours come across as whiny so they havent sunk in.

😀
    Very good.
    I find most of the pro TG posts simplistic and childish, but it’s good to talk, isn’t it?

gilbertodepiento
    Free Member

I thought it was something to do with Eton.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

I reckon the “haters” just want it to be better

^^^this

Simple really.

I just want a fun car programme that doesn’t make me cringe whenever the presenters are on screen.

CountZero

I find most of the pro TG posts simplistic and childish, but it’s good to talk, isn’t it?

‘Ere, CF, DustySpangle called your post simplistic and childish! I’ve got a hefty pair of Bombers you can borrow… 😉

Viewing 26 posts - 161 through 186 (of 186 total)

The topic ‘New Top Gear just started,’ is closed to new replies.