Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • New Top Gear
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

Looking like a car crash already.

Perhaps hiring the Ginger Pillock wasn’t such a good idea after all… 😯

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/6960555/Claims-behaviour-of-Chris-Evans-drove-away-exec-producer-Lisa-Clark.html

sadmadalan

Yawn.

When the Ginger one took over from Terry Wogan on Radio 2, all the papers could report was how much he had upset listeners, staff, …. His audience figures are now greater than Terry’s.

Perhaps we should actually wait to see how the new Top Gear is, and perhaps more than just one episode, before we see if it is a failure.

(Likewise or the 3 cowboys who have fled off to Amazon. So far no dates of when they will be coming out – just vaguely Autumn!)

legend
    Free Member

He shot her a look for undermining him and she was soon gone

OH MY GOD! Should defo go to tribunal.

There’s a “disaster” every other day on NTG, its already as boring as all the old “what’s Clarkson done now?” stories

Perhaps we should actually wait to see how the new Top Gear is, and perhaps more than just one episode, before we see if it is a failure.

Now you’re just being silly

bikebouy
    Free Member

Maybe she was just looking for an excuse to leave.. 😉

jon1973
    Free Member

Looking like a car crash already.

Perhaps hiring the Ginger Pillock wasn’t such a good idea after all..

Well, if it’s in the Sun, it must be true.

eckinspain
    Free Member

Clearly the fact that Clarkson writes a column for The Sun will have no influence on their point of view on New Top Gear.

Klunk
    Free Member
    jon1973
    Free Member

maccruiskeen

denial denial denial

How can it not be true? The sun said that ‘sources’ said it. When have ‘sources’ ever said something made up?

nealglover
    Free Member

Perhaps hiring the Ginger Pillock wasn’t such a good idea after all…

Indeed, after working with him for a mere 25 years on numerous projects, he gave her a withering look and she simply couldn’t take any more of his abuse.

Sounds believable.

P-Jay
    Free Member

The media knives have been out for New, New TG since the start.

The latest bit of BS seems to focus on the fact it’s been knocked back by 2 weeks, 2 WHOLE weeks mind – they used to knock it back more than that every couple of series for a multitude of reasons, none of which where reported as JC being a bullying so and so, which is seems was at least once true. No, no ‘sources’ managed to scoop that one.

I’ll wait till it broadcasts, it could be great, it could be crap but whilst Chris Evans has made a few duds in his time, mostly it’s good stuff.

Klunk
    Free Member

on the other side of the fence the fat fascist looking as healthy as ever, I thought a 40 habit had a slimming effect 😯

maccruiskeen

I have the strangest….

Speeder

eckinspain – Member
    Clearly the fact that Clarkson writes a column for The Sun will have no influence on their point of view on New Top Gear.

Or that the Murdochs have a long running feud with the BBC as they’re a free to air broadcaster and are therefore in big competition with Sky on many fronts.

woodster

It is so odd how many people seem to want this to fail.

If you like Clarkson, May and Hammond doing a car show, then luckily they’re still making one. If Evan’s show is any good then there’s two decent car-based entertainment shows out there.

I’m sceptical, but I’ll be glad if it’s a success

jp-t853

JC’s torso looks like a familiar face but I can’t work out who or what it is

atlaz
    Free Member

So lets get this right. The woman who worked with Chris Evans for 20+ years got the hump after 5 months in the job. Riiiiiiiight.

chrismac

If you like Clarkson, May and Hammond doing a car show, then luckily they’re still making one.

Really? They haven’t made one for a number of series as far as I can tell. TG used to be a car show and was great, the 3 of them actually focused on cars. The last few series have got worse and worse as it has become about the 3 of them messing about and being stupid and not about the cars.

DaRC_L

What the Sun doing lazy journalism and fulfilling Murdoch’s political brief to attack the BBC 😯 I am so shocked

ScottChegg
    Free Member

it’s been knocked back by 2 weeks, 2 WHOLE weeks mind

It’s also been pegged back from 8 episodes to 6. Which if you are buying the series from the Beeb, you’d feel like you were getting shortchanged.

MSP

She dared to question the star, and didn’t get a punch in the face and a torrent of abuse. Standards are definitely slipping on TG. Bring back Clarkson, he is a man who knows how to bully his underlings properly, non of these wishy washy stern looks.

matthew_h
    Free Member

JC’s torso looks like a familiar face but I can’t work out who or what it is

oldbloke
    Free Member

A couple of months ago the story was being run that the Ginger one was getting grumpy because he’d wanted her for the job and the BBC let her go off on other things. Clickbait headline in the Sun not backed up by any content? Whodathunkit.

Nonsense
    Free Member

mrlugz
    Free Member

slackalice
    Free Member

Maybe they just wanted to keep the forthcoming series being discussed and therefore boosting its profile and launch ratings?

Maybe she wanted to leave to work on a different project?

Maybe I’m bored?

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘New Top Gear’ is closed to new replies.