Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • New to Tubeless, sealant gone off in tyre ??
  • stumpy_m4
    Free Member

recently went tubeless as a newbie so please be gentle !
    tyres went up first time and held most of the air for a few days before i added the sealant, got the bike out today for my first tubeless ride, i added a bit of air but not loads and had a good morning riding 🙂
    Came to clean the bike and heard a strange sound when i moved the wheel ?? .. it sounded like something hard and solid was in the tyre and moving around as i rotated the wheel ??
    further investigation reveals the sealant is just a hard blob just rotating in the tyre ? .. it hasnt coated the inside of the tyre at all ?
    ive just removed a hardened blob of latex from both tyres , cleaned them up and blew them back up ??
    What have i done wrong ?
    cheers in advance

pipiom
    Free Member

Did you inflate with C02 cannister?

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

pipiom – Member
    Did you inflate with C02 cannister?

I did top up with a CO2 cartridge the other day now u mention it ? .. never used them before , could this be the issue ?

simondbarnes

could this be the issue ?

Yes

pipiom
    Free Member

Yes,I believe it is…I did the same when I first put Stan’s in my noob tubeless set-up: ended up with alien looking hard blob in tyres.
    Either don’t use C02, or if it’s an emergency, have the valve at the top; that way the sealant doesn’t get the initial blast.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Thank you for that, that was easily solved 🙂
    good job i bought another bottle of sealant

mark d
    Free Member

I used to use CO2 canisters to initially pop tyres onto the rims then over a few days top up with a track pump. Always worked but a bit tedious and costly ( wasteful).
    I then discovered the ‘Airshot’,
    Stans rims/ sealant/ Airshot,
    Well worth the money

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘New to Tubeless, sealant gone off in tyre ??’ is closed to new replies.