Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • New to the scene.. What's it worth?
  • sebilad
    Free Member

Hi guys, new to singletrack! Into my road biking but recently found got the love back for off road! So nows the time to purchase a new bike (new to me).

Bit of advice really, speaking to an old friend and he mentioned something he has but hasn’t the time for anymore so offered me this.. But what’s it worth? I’m not all that clued up but been reading a lot about what’s what.

It’s an Orange Alpine frame in great condition. Few marks on frame from cable rub but nothing major.

Front forks are Fox 36 series, I was told talas but may be wrong? It has a 20mm thru axle I believe.

Rear shock is a Fox DHX air 5.0.

Rear mech SRAM XO 10 speed.

Shimano saint crankset.

Raceface single crank ring, with e*thirteen chain guide.

Avid juicy carbon brakes, 185mm front rotor, 160mm rear rotor.

On one short stem.

Renthal fatbar lite 740mm.

Hope hubs front and rear, unsure of wheel make. Maxxis high roller tyres 26×2.35.

Carbon seat post, SDG saddle.

Shimano XC pedals

Recent bearing upgrade fork and shock service and bushes replaced.

Taking it out for a ride tomorrow see how I get on with it. Recently been riding a lapierre hard tail but after a ride on a giant x1, I much prefer a full suspension bike.

So what do you guys think? Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks… Chris

devash
    Free Member

Hardcore bike. There’s nothing anywhere in the world you couldn’t take on with that, but pedaling it up and down the local woods might be a bit of a pain.

shermer75
    Free Member

This guy had his on sale for £1,250. As above, it’s a lot of bike to be getting started on….

nwill1
    Free Member

Great bikes but for a purpose, if you want to ride general XC it’s gona be a lot to pedal around, if your thinking of ridding bigger/rougher terrain then it’ll be ace.

Anyway it looks like a pre 2010 which means straight steerer and 27.2 seat post, on that basis £900-£1200 dependant of the condition I’d say. I have a mate who picked up a 2012 with dropper post for circa £1400.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘New to the scene.. What's it worth?’ is closed to new replies.