• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Bez.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • New (to me) road bike build – completed! Ti, disc brakes & dynamo content…
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

IMG_20130327_000850 by ir_bandito, on Flickr

McMoonter’s old On One, wheels built by me, groupset from various STW people, brakes from a shop in Arizona care of ebay.
    Comes in at 22.5lb with pedals. Needs a proper headset spacer on the top (which is on its way) and bottle cages.

It’s a bloomin’ lovely ride. 😀

mrblobby
    Free Member

I quite like that, what’s it for?

How are you finding those mudguards? Had a set a while back and hated them, flimsy and broke, replaced with much better chromoplastics.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Been built for audaxing – I’m doing the LEL later this year.

I quite like the Roadracers, I had a set anyway leftover from the previous build and they get around the disc callipers nicely. They do rub a bit as they float over the tyre, (and I’m using 25c tyres which is as big as they can take), they’re lightweight and look pretty good too. But I may replace them with “proper” guards at some point.

slinkybike
    Free Member

Nice bike !

paul78
    Free Member

No excuse now not to come do a 300km Audax with me when I get back from Trans Iowa 🙂

Great looking bike !!

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Cheers Paul, training ramps up now, ready to go large as soon as the snow melts!

acjim
    Free Member

Only heard of the LEL from a chap after the LVIS audax last Sunday. Best of luck, it sounds properly hard!

Bez

To me it always seems like an event for people who think PBP is kind of ok but just doesn’t have enough dangerous traffic or crap weather 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘New (to me) road bike build – completed! Ti, disc brakes & dynamo content…’ is closed to new replies.