Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • New (to me) bike day
  • nairnster
    Free Member

So bought this frame used and have transferred the parts from my On One 45650b onto the Escarpe.

Waiting on a new rear brake as the hose was too short to route it correctly.

So from this

To this

dubber
    Free Member

Looks great , the escarpe always gets great reviews. How do you find the sizing ?

honourablegeorge

Sweet. Bit extravagant buying a new brake instead of a new hose, although I can imagine that it might be cheaper 🙂

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Spot on, you just need a hardtail now.

nairnster
    Free Member

It was indeed cheaper to buy a new brake than the hose, bleed kit, fluid and new brake pads. Crazy eh.

It’s a medium, and at 5’10 it suits me. It’s longer than the 45650b and the reach is about 4mm more. It feels more stable and doesn’t feel any heavier than the 45650b did.

It’s very quiet and with a lower bb feels a lot more planted when cornering. Climbs a lot better seated as there is more traction. In summary I love it so far.

coomber
    Free Member

I’ve just got one of these.

Yet to take it out.

Looks ace though. Hope you like it.

nairnster
    Free Member

Have to say I do love it. My lastlast full suspension bike was a 2005 Giant Reign, and although this has less travel,it seems to ride just as well.

garage-dweller

Like that a lot, very purposeful looking. I bet that’s going to be a bucket load of fun.

nairnster
    Free Member

It certainly is fun. Or at least was today. Hopefully get to give it more of a run out on the weekend

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘New (to me) bike day’ is closed to new replies.