Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • New (to me) bike – cx content
  • rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Just a little something to keep the wheels turning in the winter (and save the drive train on my posh bikes). Might race it next season if i can get fit enough.

This ebay special is going to be the ‘keep it in the van and general duties bike’.

Build is Graham Weigh frame, Campag Mirage 10 spd group, race face bars, EA70 stem, Mavic wheels. Nothing special, but not bad for less than the price of my Chorus chainset.

p.s. i know the bar tape will get dirty, but that’s fine as i like grubby little bikes.

[/url][/img][/url][/img][/url][/img]

drinkmoreport
    Free Member

looks nice. What forks are they?

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Forks are some cro-mo ones from Tange. Likely to be swapped for some carbon ones if i can pick up some cheapish ones without the missus noticing.

DrP

Oh rusty, you naughty boy! Does the wife approve of yet another bike! I’ve got cross tyres on my boardman for the winter, lets take them out!

DrP

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Sounds good to me Dr. You working this weekend? or fancy an evening special?

Wife ok’d it as long as i sell the bmx (1 in 1 out).

singletracksurfer

CX is great fun and as long as it looks good – I’m going to get some white bartape for my CX too 😯

Surfr
    Free Member

Get that stem flipped and remove those spacers if you can.

Looks good thoguh ad welcome to the wonderful world of cross.

rossrobot
    Free Member

Lovely looking bike 🙂
    I recently got a CX bike and absolutely love it. On road, across fields or muddy technical single track it feels light, engaging and above all fun. I regularly get home and turn back around to get another half an hour on it.

Jamie
    Free Member

How much was it OP?

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Under £300

Might drop the front a bit. Need to ride it a bit more first, and i’ve got a knackered wrist so i’ll run it like this for a while.

Jamie
    Free Member

Under £300

Now why can’t I find something that nice for under £300?

Bah humbug 😉

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘New (to me) bike – cx content’ is closed to new replies.