Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • New tinkering project. Can you guess what it is?
  • luffy105
    Free Member

Can’t beat a good muscapete! 🙂

I have some friends who grow there. Muscadet, grolleau gris, gros plant and some rose. None of them particularly stunning but all drinkable and at a euro per litre en vrac you can’t really go wrong. Tend to buy in 10 litres and bottle it up.

Plus buy a few good ‘uns for better occasions.

Reds and most rose I get from further south.

dashed
    Free Member

Don’t know how you do it – the temptation of having nice wine around the place is always too much to stand and I end up drinking the bloody stuff!! Much shed / cellar envy 😉

nickhart
    Free Member

Surely a raspberry pi programmed into ambient temperature sensor/external temperature sensor and a specific internal temperature sensor alongside a door open and light on or off setting. The pi could then control the cooling system according to temperature and or requirement.

Stoner
    Free Member

In theory yes, but that only matters if a) there’s a risk of a solar powered chiller over-cooling the cellar or b) energy is scarce.

Since a solar powered system is obviously linked to excess temperature and solar collection is free then there’s no real need to meter out how when the solar energy is consumed.

Stoner
    Free Member

rusty mac
    thanks for the tip, one of these arrived in the post this morning:

I think you’re idea is a good one. It makes sense to have a managed power supply, if only to stop low current running to the pump that isnt enough to start it.

Stoner
    Free Member

Got a test rig set up in the workshop. Started at 5pm with te water at 17degs and 4degs ambient. Will see how it goes, but the heatsinks are already warm so something’s happening. Running on a 40Ah battery for now, eventually it will be connected to the PV array via that controller ^

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kmf7VSmUbW0[/video]

samuri
    Free Member

/rubs thighs at Stoner’s wine shed.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘New tinkering project. Can you guess what it is?’ is closed to new replies.