Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • New Ti On One 456
  • Jeffus
    Free Member

I’ve been looking at the above, does any one have any experience of this new model??

Ti 456

I usually suffer with my back on a hardtail, will this be any better??

Rorschach
    Free Member

😯 !!!

Jeffus
    Free Member

Remedy may go not sure yet 😀

Jeffus
    Free Member

anyone bought one yet? 😯

flow
    Free Member

I have seen a few threads recently about them cracking.

One dude even had a used frame sent back to him as a warranty replacement!

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

I’m running one with Lyriks up front. It is a nice ride. Today we rode the Ciaran Path at Kinlochleven. At times I was wishing I was on a 6″ full sus, but it really is an excellent bike with trendy wide bars and big forks.

nuke

Lovely frame but then as the c456 is half the price (Buys a nice set of forks to go with the frame) and lighter, I can’t really see the attraction of the ti456 myself aside from the must-have-ti factor 😕

The Lynskey frames…I’ve not heard any stories of the new Van Nicholas frames cracking

One dude even had a used frame sent back to him as a warranty replacement!

A mistake…they held their hands up and admitted that.

flow
    Free Member

Ahhh, all good then.

I’ve always fancied a titanium HT, let us know how you get on with it if you get one.

DeeW
    Free Member

Jeffus

Did you ever get anywhere with an angleset for the remedy- contemplating one myself as I need a new headset anyway.

Dave

alexpalacefan

Get the 14″ one. It only weighs 170g!

APF

Jeffus
    Free Member

DeeW, I decided to get a standard headset just couldn’t afford an angleset,

I may try offset bushes on the shock, should be able to get a 3-4mm reduction in the shock eye to eye.

I was looking at Ti frames because I hoped it would be better for my back,

Cheers for the input

Keva
    Free Member

I’ve got a Lynskey one, had it for about three years now. It hasn’t cracked. Gets ragged round plenty of rocky trails. Nice firm ride.

Kev

charliedontsurf

Specific to back problems. Concentrate on the seatpost as this offers more give than the frame.
    A Ti post will take out a lot of small buzz
    A thudbuster will be even better

Also a Ti railed saddle and fat rear tyre will help.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’ve got one… tis awesome.

jon_on-one
    Free Member

One dude even had a used frame sent back to him as a warranty replacement! Actually it was the old Lynskey frames that we had a small amount of cracking issues. As per Lynskey guarantee the frames were repaired by themselves in the US and returned to the customer after being fully tested. The new version of the Ti456, produced by Van Nichloas has been considerably better- we’ve had very few returns.

druidh
    Free Member

jon_on-one – Member

Actually it was the old Lynskey frames that we had a small amount of cracking issues. As per Lynskey guarantee the frames were repaired by themselves in the US and returned to the customer after being fully tested. The new version of the Ti456, produced by Van Nichloas a factory in China has been considerably better- we’ve had very few returns.

So – the VN model is both cheaper AND better?

flyingfox
    Free Member

Jon, can you get back to me about my frame? I have been emailing and calling since last Wednesday and really need to start the process in getting this sorted.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘New Ti On One 456’ is closed to new replies.