Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • New ti frame – opinions?
  • daveb
    Free Member

After the theft of my HT recently I am going to replace it with a Ti frame. Currently the choice is between the whyte 19 ti and the Cotic Soda. I have owned a Soul in the past and thought it was excellent so am kind of edging towards the soda. Anyone had these bikes, opinions on them?

I have ruled out the 456 and want to run 120mm forks which seems to rule out Lynskey. The bike will mainly be used for xc, trail centres and occasionally stuff like Innerleithen xc.

Thanks

t_i_m
    Free Member

out of curiosity, why have you ruled out the 456?

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

He’s ruled it out because he is a tart.

Thought you were getting the bikes back Dave.

daveb
    Free Member

Nah, so far they have only recovered my sons bmx, none of the others. Also the **** they have caught has pleaded not guilty so I have to appear in court as a witness.

daveb
    Free Member

Apparently the 456 is heavier than the Cotic and I would prefer something a bit more xc than the 456. I know they are really nice frames (one of the bikes stolen was a 456 carbon).

norcbot
    Free Member

have you not looked at the moda solo?

racefaceec90

was going to suggest a charge duster ti (but you stated 120mm forks)have seen a pic of the 2012 model and it looks fantastic not that i’m biased but am planning on getting a charge duster hi bike(a steel one in small).if they have sold out though,am going to save for one of these frames instead. 😀

si-wilson
    Free Member

Brodie Ti Holeshot will be wonderful with 120mm forks 🙂
    http://www.progressive-bikes.co.uk/product/brodie_titanium_holeshot/

Brodie Titanium Holeshot by srbwilson, on Flickr

daveb
    Free Member

That Brodie is a nice bike but pretty much decided on the Soda, just need to wait on the green light from the insurance company.

Jimalmighty
    Free Member

Duster Ti will be fine with 120mm

bol

I’m very happy with my Soda. I’m on my second. The new Lynsky one feels a bit more direct than the previous one, but still plenty of spring in the tail. Just a slightly lighter, slightly softer, slightly quicker, slightly prettier Soul.

I’ve got no plans to change, which for a serial frame swapper is a pretty good endorsement.

daveb
    Free Member

Soda ordered, thanks for everyones feedback

jonnyv
    Free Member

Excellent decision, tried Whyte ti and Cotic Soda,Sooooooodddaaaaa all bloomin’ day.

Macavity
    Free Member
    DaveRambo

I bought a Van Nic Tuareg and love it.
    Lovely detail, rides like a dream.
    See this thread for details

rewski
    Free Member

cancel the order and get an engima ego

yummy

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘New ti frame – opinions?’ is closed to new replies.