Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • New ti 29er…
  • gee
    Free Member

So after riding the Mamasita for 18 months it’s now been swapped for one of these… It’s lovely 🙂 and plays really well with it’s baby sister the ti Ala Carte. No idea on weight – light enough. Red King headset hopefully coming at the weekend.

Spec:

Salsa El Mariachi ti 29er
    Fox F29 RLC
    King hubs on Stans 355 29er rims with DT revolutions
    Schwalbe Racing Ralph 29 x 2.25 set up with Stans
    XTR 9 speed shifter and rear mech, PG 990 12-34 cassette and 36T Salsa chainring, XT cranks and PDM-540s, MRP 1.x chain device.
    Salsa Carbon riser bars, Pro Moto ti bolt stem, Fliplock QRs and Shaft seatpost.
    Specialized Toupe Ti saddle.
    ODI Rogue lock-on grips
    Hope Mono Mini pro brakes 160/160

pedalhead
    Free Member

very nice. Are those frames Lynskey built? How does it ride? F29s any good?

nosemineb
    Free Member

Looks really nice. The downtube does look like a lynskey design.

CheesybeanZ

Very nice , i`ve just changed to racing ralph 2.4s great tyres .

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Very tidy bike, it just looks “right”

gee
    Free Member

Yes it’s Lynskey built but Salsa designed. The forks are excellent – 2 years old. I serviced them the other day – new seals and oil – and inside they are still as new even though they’ve been used on my winter race bike 🙂

GB

geordiemick00
    Free Member

I’ve got F29’s on my new Rumblefish 2 and they are very good, have REBA RLT’s on my Niner Air 9 which are drastically less stiff, albeit they have QR not axle but huge difference in flex.

tazzymtb

Lovely looking bike you lucky bugger. I’m gonna have to get a Ti selma now, Damn you!!

Nice, all it needs is a Rohloff hub and it would be just about spot on. 😉

Lynskey by Vegan Graham, on Flickr

Alejandro
    Free Member

Very nice. How do you find a 29er compares to a 26er for XC racing? I was briefly flirting with the idea of building one up this summer as I’m 6 foot or thereabouts but think I will stick with a 26er as most of the parts will be second hand and money is an issue…

chunkypaul
    Free Member

Red King headset hopefully coming at the weekend.

pah! copycat! 😉

john_l
    Free Member

That looks very nice – 80mm or 100mm F29?

Any excuse….

aa
    Free Member

It’s all about the Red King Headset.

Imma try to get a get on a Ti A La Carte, it does look nice!

Mister-P
    Free Member

Considering it has funny wheels it looks very right. I like it a lot and I am a confirmed 26er.

miketually
    Free Member

Spacers plus negative rise stem plus riser bars?

😉

gee
    Free Member

It’s an 80mm fork. The 2011 frame is corrected for a 100mm fork. That’s a 2010 which was designed around an 80mm fork.

Yes I know the steering arrangements may seem rather odd. Let me explain….

I like the shape (upsweep, width and backsweep) of the riser bars.

To get them low enough I need to run the stem upside down.

With the stem the right way up I’d have to chop down the steerer tube more which makes the forks harder to sell on. Also, I like the way it looks with the stem upside down. The lines flow along the top tube better 😉

GB

Bimbler
    Free Member

Yummy!

s’funny but Ti HT 29ers now seem so ubiquitous on here that when you see a Ti HT 26er it kinds looks wrong. I’m thinking of that Moots that was on here the other day.

shortcut

To 29ers who’d get one of those.

gee
    Free Member

The 29er is great for XC racing – although this one is new, I raced a 29er Mamasita during the winter series of 2009/10 and 2010/11. I won the Thetford series twice and got 1st and 2nd overall in the Brass Monkey Series. They are excellent in mud as they keep rolling!! I ride the 29er for pretty much every training ride as well. I think for the rockier, rougher, courses this season I will also use the 29er. For courses where it is sprint/brake/sprint/brake etc, like Checkedon last weekend, I will use the 26″ ti Ala Carte. If I was to have only one bike it would 100% be the 29er. The drawbacks are you’ll never get spare tubes/tyres/spokes at a race, so you have to travel prepared.

That last Lynskey is nice – I’m not so keen on the slider dropout ones. I’m a sucker for Breezer dropouts… Is it a big frame? Just wondering as there seems to be a huge gap between top tube and down tube where they meet the head tube.

GB

tk46hal
    Free Member

People with too much money out there!
    Oh, very nice bike!

shortcut

Mines a large, so 18.5″ seat tube – I am 6’2″ and it fits me nicely!

I have to say I love it. I did a bit of maintenance today and blew the dust off my 5 spot. Little wheels – euch! Gonna be taking The Lynskey to the Scottish trail centres in May!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘New ti 29er…’ is closed to new replies.