Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • New telly help please
  • mattsccm
    Free Member

Just brought home a new Samsung smart telly and do you think we can set it up. the hand book doesn’t even tell you where to plug things into. Lets try a few basic questions first. absolutely nowhere does it say how to connect the Sky box or the DVD player. I have replicated the old TV set up with a scart lead but that’s all I can do. any ideas. The stupid little book uses all sorts of technical term that have no sense about them . anyone able to tell me how to join the bits together?
    the web hasn’t helped me either

dabble
    Free Member

post a picture of the back of the telly (or where the ports are, some have em in the sides now too) and a picture of your cable ends n i’ll tell you which one goes in which.

chop chop.

edit-just realised if you cant work out a telly, you may not be able to post a pic. do you have any carrier pigeons?

fatalbert
    Free Member

I’ve just set up my samsung smart tv about an hour ago. I found the tv would only work once the Infra red extender cable was connected. It plugs into the port above the headphone socket marked IR

(That’s if it’s a similar tv to mine, the wife found the extender cable in the accessory pack)

cynic-al
    Free Member

match plugs to sockets, should do it.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Insert Tab A in to Slot B.

Job done.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Infra red thing in. Scart in. What the *** else is there to do? I even plugged the thing in. No pictures in the book. No HDMI on Sky box so that isn’t an option and if did there was there is no clue as to which of several on the telly to use. Its too sodding clever.
    Took the disc to Sky box lead out and sent it straight to the TV to see if that would pick up just the free view but nope.
    Why can’t it have a sodding book? I am sure the built in manual is great if you were told how to get to that.
    I am assuming that as the tv has a scart socket it can use one.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I really can’t believe it could be so hard to set up a telly, maybe leave it until the morning & a clear head?

iolo
    Free Member

What tv is it? Make and model number please

geoffj

Srsly?

Plug the peripherals into scart or hdmi sockets, use the source button on remote to toggle between them
    Use the menu option with source selected for aerial to auto tune
    Once you’ve got the network bit sorted, use the menu bit to select the network and choose wifi password if not using a wired network
    Once that’s done use the multicolored square in the middle of the remote to access the smart features.
    You need to register an account ( menu bit iirc) to get best out of the smart bits.

Good luck, it’s worth the faff once sorted.

mattsccm
    Free Member

not funny any longer. I can’t get into set up as it wants a PIN . Nothing tells me what that might be anywhere.
    Its a Samsung Series 5 Smart TV.
    that’s all it says on the box and in the junk that pretends its a manual.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Does this (American) **** help?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWp_KxwBCy4[/video]

iolo
    Free Member

Click on your telly ,click on support, download the manual on the button that says manual.
    Follow the instructions for setting up your tv.

Drac

Wild guess but the PIN will be either

or

Russell96

Just went on the Samsung UK website and found a large manual on a Series 5 TV within a few clicks. Consumer / Televisions / LED TV’s (Dont know if yours is our not) / Series 5 (Middle of screen ) which gives 17 results. Clicking on a size for example 40 inch then the Support tab takes you to a screen that has a 4.57mb user manual in English. Seems to cover everything, simple diagrams. But def not a quick start guide for sure.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Ta R96
    Missed that one. How I don’t know.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Paper manual sorts some of it anyway. Wouldn’t it be easier if it was included. Grrrr.
    bloody thing still won’t let me use the universal remote that replaces the sky one. I’ll get to that one.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘New telly help please’ is closed to new replies.