Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • New Tandem arrived, yeahhhhh
  • Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

Finally arrived Monday eve and managed a quick spin to get seat/bars height sorted. Apologies for the white stem which I had to nick off my Rize, as the original was about 130mm! New black stem ordered. Woefully underbraked considering the speed it travels. Hope they just need bedding in, otherwise it's going to kill us both! May think about putting XTR v-brakes on it to see if that helps.

ton

very nice indeed……………..
    2nd mortgage……….. 😉

mt
    Free Member

that absolutely beautiful.

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

Stoker seat post keeps slipping down. Any ideas how to resolve? And don't say get a lighter stoker 😯

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

DD, tried the sliver of a Coke can as a shim trick yet? That can help a slipping post.

bigsi
    Free Member

Oh nice 😛

How much and where from?

Trying to convince the other half that this would be a good way for her to get some exercise 😆

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Poor brick work, weeds and lawn needs trimming

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Poor brick work, weeds and lawn needs trimming

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

Came in at £2.5 which isn't exactly cheap, but I consider that we got two bikes for that price. To be honest, there wasn't alot of choice. It was either Dawes, Thorn or a Dale. Couldn't stretch to some of the Co-Motion tandems which are in another leauge all together. Check out some of there racing tandems….Stunning.

Kramer
    Free Member

DD carbon grease works a treat.

z1ppy

as per Kramer, Pace or Tacx carbon paste to stop the seatpost slipping (& I know yours probably isn't a carbon post)

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

'Tis nice even if it does have funny bars, skinny tyres and is rigid 🙂

Are those Avid cable discs? Should be fine once bedded in

jackthedog
    Free Member

This is the first time I've ever seen a bike that looks like it's going at 100mph whilst leaning motionless against a wall.

That is a very, very nice bike.

Dougal
    Free Member

XTR V-brake on the rear with a lever for the stoker is a trick I've seen others use.

singlespeedstu

Can you get a double sized seatclamp on the rear seat tube?

I ended up using one of them on the front of our tandem. The combination of my weight and the stoker pulling on the rear bars kept twisting the front seat round.

Looks fast BTW. 😉

Hooter
    Free Member

We've got the '07 version of that bike. Rides very nice. The brakes will be fine once bedded in, Ms Hooter complains if I don't warn her before hard braking 😉 The only problem (and I will prob start a thread on it soon) is that the rear Truvativ BB has creaked more or less ever since we've had it, despite a strip down, regrease, re-torq. I strongly suspect their BBs aren't up to the forces of tandem riding.

Travis

luvley,

trying to get the wife excited by it, but she isn't convinced (yet)

surfer
    Free Member

Nice one Daisy, look forward to seeing it in the flesh!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘New Tandem arrived, yeahhhhh’ is closed to new replies.