Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • New Tallboy 3
  • fluxhutchinson
    Free Member

So the new Tallboy 3 has appeared in SC website 🙂

http://www.santacruzbicycles.com/en/uk/tallboy

Looks good and I quite like the yellow. Slacker than the last tallboy and now with + size option like the hightower.

I wonder when it’ll be available in the uk only the highend build options on show at the moment.

Metasequoia

…see front page….

fluxhutchinson
    Free Member

😳

z1ppy

cheers fluxH, I bypass the front page too 😳
    Looks interesting, wonder how many new Hightower owners are grinding their teeth (not everyone want loadsa travel), or was this rumored to be coming?
    I’d assumed the HT was the tallboy re-imaged (better!), though the new TB is competing against a heap of slack/fun shorter travel 29ers.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Was always rumoured as getting the facelift from the Bronson/Solo

llatsni
    Free Member

Anyone any idea of the frame weight?

z1ppy

I know there was rumors, but I’d assumed that when the HT was announced, it was a replacement for the TB, not another new model to run alongside..

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The Ht is a very different much more a TB LT with a bit, watching the HT’s get ragged around as enduro bikes meant there was still an XC offering to be filled.

z1ppy

yep I’d readily agree which is what surprised me about the HT (still assuming it was a replacement for the TB), but not being a massive SC fan (or hater), I’d not followed any futher thread or seen rumor about the new TB. Not exactly your classic 29er race bike though, is it?
    Looks a lot of run

Metasequoia

Looks good, but as ever a big investment. I have a TB 1 and the geo is very different, the world has moved on!

thepodge
    Free Member

Tallboy is trail, Hightower is Enduro. Its just Bronson / Nomad in 29 flavour

mikewsmith
    Free Member

yeah the tall boy was never “race” just very capable XC I’m liking the yellow

honourablegeorge

thepodge – Member
    Its just Bronson / Nomad in 29 flavour

Solo/Bronson I’d have said

Shred
    Free Member

It makes my life easier, I’ll just stick to my TallBoy 2 for XCM duties.

Clink

So they basically don’t have a xc full sus now, unless you include the Superlight?

thepodge
    Free Member

With that thinking you could say they don’t have a DH race bike now, unless you include the V10

Metasequoia

I don’t think they ever had a full on race xc full sus bike, they have always tended to the trail side of xc that can be raced with a light build. So maybe they did…I suspect that many could race the TB3 very effectively- especially in a endurance race context.

chrismac

Like the rest of their range, it looks mighty expensive for a mass produced far eastern carbon frame.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Looks about the same price range as rrp on specialized carbon last time I checked.

wrecker
    Free Member

Looks about the same price range as rrp on specialized carbon last time I checked.

….and Yeti, and Evil, and Transition, and Intense, and Turner and….well you get the picture.

Painey
    Free Member

Tallboy is trail, Hightower is Enduro

Do they make one that’s “aggro trail”?

thepodge
    Free Member

I think aggro trail is the 650b+ version

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘New Tallboy 3’ is closed to new replies.