Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • New Talas damper – retro fit
  • matther01
    Free Member

Anyone upgraded to the new 2014 damper or tempted to help stop the dive factor?

Would love the new pike but at £600+ compared to £59 for the new damper, this seems the logical first step.

barbs
    Free Member

Had the same dilemma and decided to go for the new cartridge in my Float 34. Only had one ride on it so far but seems loads better. It was £50 fitted at Mojo, I guess the float is cheaper than the talas, well worth it I think.

matther01
    Free Member

Cheers Barbs. Keep me posted on how it rides.

moridinbg
    Free Member

On which model years can you fit them? 2013, I guess but what about 2011 and 2012?

matther01
    Free Member

Apparently should work on various age forks (mine are 2012 rlc fit not ctd)..Think 2011 is the earliest, but check with mojo.

matther01
    Free Member

Just been advised unless it is a ctd fork the price is £321!!!

Rockshox pike it is then…and Fox off my Xmas card list.

LoCo
    Free Member

FIT CTD only so 2013 is model applicable for upgrade.

2011 & 2012 were FIT RL or RLC models (32mm) which are both pretty good anyway.

matther01
    Free Member

Loco – what’s your advice on trying to fix the brake dive factor on my 2012 110/140 talas. Add more fluid?

legend
    Free Member

Adding fluid only kicks in when deep into the travel unfortunately, so helps with bottoming out off stuff but not the initial dive

rickmeister

slight hijack, but a between ride storage question….

better to leave the bike with the fork wound down, or extended ?

matther01
    Free Member

I wind mine down thinking the lower sanctions will be kept more lubricated…no idea if this is right or not.

I also try to keep the forks upside down to help too…again no idea if this is correct…as you’re not supposed to keep you brakes upside down.

rickmeister

bike usd really messes with the Hope M4’s to the point that they really need a bleed if left too long…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘New Talas damper – retro fit’ is closed to new replies.