Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • New tablet needed – which one?
  • flange
    Free Member

How do

I’ve got an iPad mini (first gen). Its rubbish. Since upgrading to the latest iOS it’s got progressively worse, the battery life is awful for the amount of use it gets and even regressing back to the older iOS (which is a total PITA to do) its still total pony.

Now, I’ve got an HTC phone, a Mac mini but I also use Kindle quite a bit – oh and I’ve got Apple TV but I’ve found an app that’ll let you send video via android. Usage on the iPad is mainly surfing the web (you know, niche market stuff…), reading and watching films. I’m not bothered about being tied in to iTunes either and I don’t use Apps.

Brother had a Samsung tablet which was…well, rubbish – really slow, not great to use, screen wasn’t great.

Is the best bet for me to replace the ipad with another one, or are there better tablets out there? Budget is around that of an iPad…

stumpy01

I’ve got an LG GPad 8.3 and really like it.

But…
    – I got it for a great price (£160 and my Wife’s was only £120!)
    – It’s getting a bit ‘old’ so given how fast things are moving on, it’s probably already ‘old hat’.
    – cases for it aren’t easy to find.

Go to somewhere like John Lewis or a large Tesco and have a play with a few. You’ll quickly get an idea of what you like and what you don’t.

The Sony Xperia ones look very nice.

mogrim

iPad, Sony Xperia Z3 or Nexus 9 would be my candidates.

I’d probably go for the Nexus as my phone already has a 5″ screen, and I don’t think there’s a lot of point in going for something that’s only a bit bigger.

flange
    Free Member

Cool. thanks – will pop down to JL tomorrow and have a look. My mini has a nice big crack in the screen (no idea how it happened either – been in a case since new and I’ve never dropped it) so I’ll have to get that fixed before I punt it on

wors

I’ve gone full circle, and use my laptop for everything now.

boxelder

Half price kindle fire 7 hdx – 3rd gen on Amazon if cheap is king

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Hudl 2 opinions?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘New tablet needed – which one?’ is closed to new replies.