Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • New Swinley Lap under an hour (April 2017 route)
  • lustyd
    Free Member

Righty ho then. Tank traps and the other open air section are closed for the summer so we have a new lap for the challenge at:
    Official April 2017 Blue Red Blue Full Lap

Looks like the time to beat is 59:56 by Luke Peyton (overall) or 1:02 by Paul Turner (singletrackworld.com forumites).

My effort is 1:15:54 on the fatbike with a hangover which I’m sure I’ll get down to 1:15:50 with training 😯

lustyd
    Free Member

Sorry, wrong link, should be https://www.strava.com/segments/14605453

jimdubleyou

Has red 1/2 dried out now? Last time I went it was a stinking quagmire.

brennanpeyton
    Free Member

LOL as father of said Luke Peyton, he is a bit busy as he has the Nationals this weekend however he reckons there’s time left on the table as he did it in winter (when wet) I have retired from such high speeds but good luck to you 🙂

theotherjonv

I’ve said before and I’ll say again. I enjoy cycling therefore I want to spend more time doing it, not less. I’m sure I could also do a sub hour lap ( 😉 ) but then i’d have to go home and do gardening or something. So I’ll be staying out for as long as possible without appearing a total slacker, thanks.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Has red 1/2 dried out now? Last time I went it was a stinking quagmire.

It was bone dry this morning.

flange
    Free Member

Last time I looked I had the KOM on Tank traps. I imagine that’s long since gone!

EDIT: Now 8th….bastard

lustyd
    Free Member

Yes, Red 2 was dry as a bone when I went last week. Trouble is it’s now got lots of exposed broken roots so you’ll want to keep an eye out to protect your tyres. It’s kind of like that scene in walking dead with the wooden spears buried in the dirt 😯

jimdubleyou

It’s kind of like that scene in walking dead with the wooden spears buried in the dirt

😀

TBH, I don’t really like that bit anyway – seems like a lot of faffing about for what is a fairly flat section.

flashinthepan
    Free Member

The whole trail is as dry as I’ve ever seen at this time of year

While I won’t be threatening any KOMs I did set quite a few PBs there on Saturday – even (almost) managed to keep up with my son

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘New Swinley Lap under an hour (April 2017 route)’ is closed to new replies.