Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • New Summer Playbike
  • Swiftacular
    Free Member

Finished building yesterday, after about 5 months, but only a few hundred spent. I’m happy.

Anyone else taken up jumping in later life (well after teen years)and not broken many bones? 😀

wwaswas

I broke my hip the first time I tried at age 35 🙁

you’ll be fine, though, I expect.

djglover
    Free Member

Either you or I are colourblind, and I don’t think it’s me 😯

spev

Oooo thats nice.
    I started dirt jumping last year at 38 🙂
    doing ok but did manage to knock myself out last year and i’m quite wary of back and shoulder injuries hence my other post about armour

mamadirt
    Free Member

Wow!! Love it 8)

Swiftacular
    Free Member

I am not colourblind, so it must be you 😯 😆
    (but seriously, if you ever saw my chameleon, you’ll realise i like colours)
    Im only 26, but have always been a wheels on the ground rider, just fancy it. Everyone i now ride with has a bmx’ing background, and it’s a little depressing, so thought i’d try do something about it.

lank45
    Free Member

Looks great, I’ve been wanting a ToP they look nice to ride. Out of interest how much is a few hundred? Is everything on it brand spanking? Think I may have to purchase one!

BlingBling
    Free Member

They appear to have used another head tube instead of a seat tube 🙁

Would be quite nice otherwise.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Another splendid colour combo from Swiftacular! Well done. 😀

Swiftacular
    Free Member

No, everything isnt brand spanking, but through slecting which bits i needed new, and which i was happy with 2nd hand, built the entire bike for about £500-600 outlay, which i’m very happy with, as with a new bike, i’d not gt anywhere near the same spec for the money.
    Bought it as almost a complete bike from here for under £400. SOld the wheels that came on it, which bought the Saint Cranks £50 (pinkbike)
    Swapped a pair of old wheels (xt/321s) for the Spank Rims.
    Bar and Stem £50 new.
    Saddle, grips, pedals all lbs.

I think new it would have been about £1000-£1200 to build all from new, but the new ToP has a BMX bb, so glad i got the last one, just a shame previous owner ground the ISCG tags off.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘New Summer Playbike’ is closed to new replies.