Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • New suitcase
  • Cletus
    Free Member

Hi,

I often work away for 5+ days and am considering buying a new suitcase to replace my cheap, battered 10 year old case which has just lost a wheel.

Looking to buy something decent (up to £200) in a medium size and am looking for recommendations. I quite fancy a four wheel job but am not sure whether to go for a hard or soft case. Would like something robust with a decent warranty and a colour other than black so that I can spot it on the carousel.

Any recommendations/deals welcome.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

http://www.evocsports.com/city-travel/world-traveller
    http://www.evocsports.com/city-travel/terminal-bag

The World traveller is a big one but robust and nice to haul round

imn

If you want it to survive baggage handlers for a reasonable time, I’d recommend Samsonite Aeris (non ‘Spinner’) model. Hard case, 2 decent wheels, good telescoping handle and not horrendous price (Samsonite website seems to have deals).

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jambalaya
    Free Member

EDIT: Just seen you say carousel so flying ..

I personally find the 4 wheeled cases a PITA. As I fly generally I try and get everything into a carry on, so two wheeler. Also I have a fairly large laptop style bag which sits onto of the carry on and into which I can put quite a bit of stuff and which doubles up as standard overnight trip bag (shirt, underwear, wash bag). Always sufficient for a week away. Note I am not taking huge amounts of casual clothes, numerous pairs of shoes etc.

peterfile
    Free Member

I use a Samsonite X’Blade Garment bag.

Well suited (excuse the pun) to carrying multiple hanging items obviously, but even better than my regular suitcases for packing in the more traditional way too. I’m not sure why this is! But it’s such a useful case that I use if for all 3 day+ travel now.

£175

BlindMelon
    Free Member

imn + 1, had a couple for over 10 years now with regular use

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

I’d recommend Dakine luggage. My original carry on wheely bag has lasted me 8 years and still king strong. Lots of different colours to choose from and more importantly the wheels and handles are all oversized so they can take a battering. I also like the dividers – ideal for keeping the laptop and paper work separate from the pants and socks. We have four bits of Dakine luggage now. Very impressed with all of it

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘New suitcase’ is closed to new replies.