Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)
  • New subs deal how about existing subbers?
  • Gary_M
    Free Member

mmmmmm Marmite.

miketually
    Free Member

Uuurgh Marmite.

Mark

You do realise they make marmite from the stuff that grows on the athletes foot scrapings of camels don’t you?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

You do realise they make marmite from the stuff that grows on the athletes foot scrapings of camels don’t you?

Yay! That’ll make it organic too ?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Super banter Well done all v good(DAMN the school teacher in me )
    Scuttles off to subscribe mentioning only had a mtb for 6 mths in defence.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I think the point is, they haven’t yet sold out to the man – it’s a small concern, able to make mistakes and admit it, and still moved by a passion for the sport, so they deserve our support, without having to bribe us :o)

That doesn’t mean we have to give them an easy ride…

aracer
    Free Member

Well I’ll say one thing for this thread – it’s prompted me to download the DD forms which will be in the post tomorrow!

Speshpaul

Mark
    Sorry work and even bike riding have gotten in the way of our little chat tonight 🙂
    Thanks for your replies, and i ‘m glad that you guys been able to respond in positive way to oldfarts request for incentive, something as a little thank you.
    You would be better placed to judge the sales from the shop than me, but as a subscriber i don’t really see the shop as subscriber benefit. As i said before the branded items are promotional and the unbranded stock does’t generally represent the best value compared to what a 30 second google search can come up with (£50 off a head cam thats £150 in the shop.)
    But i’ll still save my Special Reaserve jersey for dry days 😉
    Maybe some really special offers just for subscribers, like those sealskin base layers, good kit, well priced (£17 IIRC) and proper exclusive.

All the best
    paul

AndyP
    Free Member

jebus. cannot believe some of the attitudes on here.

(and FWIW, squeezy Marmite? for c*nts. That is all.)

bigyinn
    Free Member

Why should a subscriber have any benefits beyond having the mag posted directly to them and being protected from any cover price increases for the year?

STW are trying to reward your loyalty for committing to buy the mag for a year by giving you a shop discount and STILL thats not good enough!

Some people need to get in touch with reality on here.

<bangs head against wall>

Evesie
    Free Member

Subscribers could pick up a free waterbottle from the STW stand at a London cycle show a few years back – very nice it was too. Alas mine lept out of my bottle cage comming down an Austrian mountain…

CountZero

Must admit I felt just a little put out when I saw that subs offer, as I don’t recall ever receiving any gift at all when I subscribed first of all, not even a tee, so would have been nice to get something for being faithful, but I guess it’s a bit late to worry about it now :0{

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

so would have been nice to get something for being faithful,

I hope you’ve not been reading around with other strumpet mags ??

MrNutt
    Free Member

oh I’ve just realized I never did receive the "riding in Spain" book when I subed, not that bothered but would have preferred that to hip flask (don’t drink no more)

NZCol

Count yourself lucky – i never recieved a magazine for a year when i subbed !
    Yes yes yes I emailed, i called – and i gave up because no-one coudl actually tell me whether or not it had been sent.
    But anyway, its spurred me onto subscribing again – and being overseas we don;t get any nice surprises !!

djglover
    Free Member

There are some right whinging old women on here, can you blame STW for employing that tried and tested model of locking customers in and then hiking up the price?

Anyway, after previously only buying the mag a few times a year, thats such a good offer that I’ve just subscribed and I’ll sell my hipflask to one of the whingers for £8.50 – THATS HALF PRICE!

Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)

The topic ‘New subs deal how about existing subbers?’ is closed to new replies.