Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • New strava user query.
  • fluxhutchinson
    Free Member

I currently have the fastest sections on a few climbs but i dont seem to have a KOM achievement for this anyone know why? 😕

DickBarton

Are they segments? If Strava doesn’t have it as a segment then it won’t count. Mark them as segments and see if that helps?

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Are they segments that you created? You need to beat your time for KOM.

supercyril
    Free Member

Dont they need to fall into a numbered catagory?
    catagories are in the top right on the explore page.

fluxhutchinson
    Free Member

Ahh, i think i was just being stupid, i seem to have some KOM’s but they dont show on my recent achievements so i thought i didnt have any. I only started using strava yesterday. Thanks for the help.

MountainMutant
    Free Member

Can you create your own segments? Do you have to be a premium member?

simondbarnes

Can you create your own segments?

Yes

Do you have to be a premium member?

No

MountainMutant
    Free Member

Erm, how?

beardie
    Free Member

just getting into strava myself, created a segment last night but cannot remember how i did it 😳

mikewsmith
    Free Member

on the ride page click actions then new segment

beardie
    Free Member

right, sussed it go to activity feed, select a ride then go to bottom of page below altitude graph thing and click on CREATE A SEGMENT !

MountainMutant
    Free Member

Great thanks 🙂

transapp
    Free Member

Although u have another strava question. I’m about to start using on an iPhone 4, can u play music at the same time? I do a lot of solo rides do want to keep listening to the tunes!

transapp
    Free Member

Ah,found it. it’s all to do with my inability to use a phone as opposed to Strava!
    Sorry, as you were

monkeychild
    Free Member

Strava is good but it is not very accurate. It changed all the details of my rides from my edge 500. An when using it on my iPhone it said one thing and the uploaded data said another???

njee20
    Free Member

Strava is good but it is not very accurate. It changed all the details of my rides from my edge 500

In what way? It ignores stopped time, which is irritating when it then calls it ‘moving time’, when it’s actually elapsed time. That obviously affects average speed and what not.

I’m not convinced the power data tallies with what WKO gets either, but I’ve not looked into it.

At the end of the day it’s a fun way to compare your times to other riders, it’s not really a serious training analytical tool.

miketually
    Free Member

I uninstalled the app from my phone (HTC Wildfire) after it crashed during the first proper ride I did with it. It went completely belly-up; crashed every time I tried to restart the app, even after emptying the data and restarting the phone.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

you don’t actually need the special app, just anything that can record a GPX track

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘New strava user query.’ is closed to new replies.