Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • New Steel Goodness R8/Handjob/Blue Pig
  • v10
    Free Member

Few new steel arrivals today so thought id pitch in with a few piccys.

Finally had the R8's arrive, please excuse the steerer tube, always like to add a few extra spacers in before cutting but im running very short until i get some more tomorrow!

New Cove Hanjobs are here – Now Tange Prestige tubing and over laqeured graphics, much much much nicer finish.

And finally had my Blue Pigs arrive. Finish is very nice, headtube sticker is too big but these are being replaced shortly!

Choices choices! 😀

wors

Which shop are you?

v10
    Free Member

Wors im @ Rutland

wors

ahh bit far away from me.

boxelder

££ for an R8 frame?? Rec'd fork travel?
    Just out of interest like…….

v10
    Free Member

R8 Frame only is £549.

Both full bikes come with 100mm forks. Id pop 120s in it… but i run 120s on a Whyte 19 Carbon..

Everything is free shipping Wors 😉

nedrapier

R8 does look luverly.

The Orange site specs 100mm forks, so I guess that's what they thought it would be best at.

deluded
    Free Member

The Cove looks superb. How much is the frame going for? I notice that CRC are selling a 'Handjob – PC'in powder coat green.

nedrapier

when are we going to start seeing some reviews of the R8? Swung a leg over, v10? How is it?

Can't see myself buying one, it's just right up my street and I'd be interested to hear if it's as good as it looks!

mattythemod
    Free Member

is the new Pace steel frame only 50 quid more than that Orange R8 ???

I know what i would choose !!

v10
    Free Member

Deluded – list is £495 although im aware of a few online places doing 20% off and can certainly match/beat those. Ive got some green ones too but ive not opened the boxes yet so couldn't tell you if they are Tange or Columbus (CRC site says they are 2010 and columbus.. who knows!). Will have a look today and confirm.

Ned – not had a spin yet but should have some more spacers today so i can get the steerer trimmed and have a little 'roll round the carpark' 😉

nbt

And finally had my Blue Pigs arrive. Finish is very nice, headtube sticker is too big but these are being replaced shortly!

The Bicycle Shop in Skipton have come up with an interim fix for the headtube sticker problem

hora
    Free Member

The R8 looks very nice. How much does it weigh and is it built in Halifax?

boxelder

Hora,
    If trying to keep costs down, but wanting something a bit different (and well made), go for a Sanderson Breath
    I 'got a Life' 3 years ago and it's great. Got 10% at the time just by asking for it too. The Breath will take 120mm forks easily, and is just right on the strength/weight balance

hora
    Free Member

Funnily, I had a Life- 18" loved it but found it too long- too xc. It feels 'longer' than the measurements suggest doesnt it? I'd reconsider a 16" but would wait for a secondhand one (rocking horse poo comes to mind though!)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘New Steel Goodness R8/Handjob/Blue Pig’ is closed to new replies.