Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • New steed, Banshee Spitfire
  • Chipbutty
    Free Member

Picked up the frame yesterday. Built it last night, and got it dirty today. Rides lovely.

mcnultycop

“steed?”

Nice bike.

taxi25
    Free Member

Nice bike…..very nice 😀

ahsat

Nice. Now making me want one even more! Enjoy. The raw looks great.

coogan
    Free Member

Shit ‘steed’.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Your garden is in an awful state! Second pic, those trees need serious attention on the left.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Nice. Do like those spitfires.

Jamz
    Free Member

Very nice ride. I’ve had a nagging feeling that I need to buy one of those for quite some time now!

On another note, why does this forum not have one big thread where everyone posts a photo of their new bike? Surely that would be a bonne idée?

kayak23

Very nice indeed.
    Your forest wants thinning mind.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Picked up the frame yesterday. Built it last night, and got it dirty today. Rides lovely.

Please please please can one day just one of these threads end with rides like a sack of shit I wish I’d never got it 😉

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Lovely. Some bikes just look ‘right’.

Saddle looks a long way forwards. Correct set-up or still experimenting?

volatilemike
    Free Member

Nice, same as mine. Raw in my opinion is the best colour they do. 🙂

Still haven’t got the db inline feeling perfect. In fact it may actually be loosing air so its something to potentially keep an eye on also.

Enjoy!

fangin
    Free Member

Hey! That’s mine. Give it back!

<checks garage>

Oh. They’re good eh? Enjoy!

(and if you get a BB creak you just can’t fix, tighten the pivot bolts that attach down there and it should be right)

teethgrinder

mikewsmith – Member
    Please please please can one day just one of these threads end with rides like a sack of shit I wish I’d never got it

I’ll say that after I get mine on Friday…

Chipbutty
    Free Member

Cheers lads.
    Makecoldplayhistory – still setting it up. The stem is a 70mm, a bit too long. Waiting for 50mm then can move saddle back a bit too.

dannyh
    Free Member

Lovely looking bike. Fair play to you!

matther01
    Free Member

Never really liked the raw…but those pics really catch the light well. Very, very nice.

Almost, almost tempted…

Is that 30t up front? It looks tiny!

andylc
    Free Member

[list]My new bike has a 30 up front and it really does look minuscule!

Chipbutty
    Free Member

32t

matther01
    Free Member

Must be the frame size that makes it look small.

chiefgrooveguru

Very nice! Is that a large with a 150mm fork?

Chipbutty
    Free Member

Cheers Chief, yep large with 150 Pike. Was admiring your Spitfire on here the other week 🙂

pedlad

Looks good. I have the same albeit in black with LB wheels. Really does do everything including climbing better than my old 120mm travel bike.

The shock is really very good. I’ve added a volume spacer plus a bit more HSR. Not finding the pikes as easy to configure tbh. They’re good but just not great which given everyone’s reviews doesn’t stack up. not great small bump plushness. I’ve got the oil and butter now so will do a quick service in case they came a bit dry from the factory.

chiefgrooveguru

Cheers Chief, yep large with 150 Pike. Was admiring your Spitfire on here the other week

🙂 You’ve got a lot of geometric tweakability there – slacker and lower or steeper and higher with the dropouts, plus slacker and higher if you change the fork air spring to make it a 160mm. Definitely try the different dropout positions, they really change the bike’s character.

The shock is really very good. I’ve added a volume spacer plus a bit more HSR. Not finding the pikes as easy to configure tbh. They’re good but just not great which given everyone’s reviews doesn’t stack up. not great small bump plushness. I’ve got the oil and butter now so will do a quick service in case they came a bit dry from the factory.

I have the CCDBair-CS and am running the base tune with 28% sag – it took me about 6 months to get the Pike perfectly matched! With a 160mm 27.5 one I found that two bottomless tokens, 25% sag, middling low speed compression and fairly quick rebound was the answer. If your shock has the same volume air can then I think you’ll need another bottomless token or even two (so a total of four) in the Pike to get it to ramp up like the shock.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘New steed, Banshee Spitfire’ is closed to new replies.