Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • New star trek film…. ooooh!!
  • sslowpace
    Free Member

Just got back from seeing the new film, as little ‘un is at after school club.

Very, very enjoyable. Rattles along at a great pace, interesting character portrayal (what with them being iconic,or something) and great plot. Spectacular space bits (not giving anything away).

And lots of little ‘Trekkie’ bits to spot from the original TV series that were very well done and will keep fans very happy.

shreck
    Free Member

Taking my 10yr old son to see it at the weekend do you think he will like it?

Trimix
    Free Member

If he dosent like it keep taking him till he does.

sslowpace
    Free Member

He will love it. Plot is not overly complicated, visually spectacular and funny moments.

Thinking that my daughter will enjoy it……..

shreck
    Free Member

Thats what i thought,this is part of the deal of me having to watch the dragonball film.

kimbers

am well excited myself!!

also a bit of PSA

the DS9 episode Trials and Tribble-ations is on Virgin1 friday evening

its a brilliant episode where the crew go back in time to the classic Trouble witrh Tribbles

amazing CG and jadzia dax in a miniskirt 🙂

tyger
    Free Member

Yeah, just seen it too – really great! Spock was very well done. Excellent not over done and a good plot!

Kuco

Kimbers that was a very cleverly done episode and probably one of the best.

forlornhope
    Free Member

worf never explains why the klingons look like humans though.

Chase
    Free Member

That DS9 episode is my fave Trek episode ever.

Looking forward to seeing the new film too.

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

This Friday, IMAX.
    Should be good, if not at least it’ll be big.

timdrayton
    Free Member

i loved every minute of it!

good sign that i immediately wanted to watch it again.

vinnyeh

Cracking film- I’m not a huge Star Trek fan, but really enjoyed this. Nice to see all the back stories, and the added dose of humour was most welcome. First time at an imax as well- well worth the added cost in my opinion.

kimbers

worf never explains why the klingons look like humans though.

its covered in a few episodes of enterprise

rOcKeTdOg

it needs to be seen on the big screen, that part when they come out of warp into….well you have to see it, blows you away!!

saw it on saturday, was suprised to see so many ‘adults’ wearing star trek t shirts!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Plus it’s got Sylar from Hereos in it and Simon Pegg looks okay cast. Anyone seen State of Play as we were going to see that this weekend first as it’s been out a while, is it recommended?

Trimix
    Free Member

Munge-chick, State of Play is a good movie, clever story with good acting and a lot of depth. Deals with the media now and how it was pre internet as a sub plot as well.

But ST was just fantastic – I saw it tonight and will go again this week.

bigrich

I saw it at IMAX

giant green boobies. whee!

juan
    Free Member

you are a meanie 🙁
    I am stuck here and there is no screening in english :'( so I won’t be able to see it…

ianpinder
    Free Member

Yup amazing film, saw it twice, really enjoyed it, fast pace, and like everyone previously has said very funny. I would deffinatly watch it.

State of play is another very good film, it has a good story which keeps you guessing, trimix pretty much summed it up.

Tonight I am going to watch angles and emons (i think) with tom hanks. Hopefully it will be good.

I am waiting until the new transformers comes out before I take a trip to the imax

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Zackary Quinto (sp) who plays Sylar and Spock is undoubtedly the high point of Heroes and from what I have seen of Trek Trailers, he will do the same with the film – not really seen him in anything else, but he certainly has the brooding passion character off to a tee.

rOcKeTdOg

transformers trailer looks good, as does the new terminator

Pook

not a star trek fan, but this film is ace. “Goddamn it Jim, I’m a doctor!!”

nickc

Went last night, pretty good. decent(ish) plot*, characters work, they haven’t tried to find people that look “exactly” the same. Apart from Spock who pretty much has too, given the plot. Rocks along, would recommend, as long as you have some knowledge of who these people are, otherwise some of it will go over your head.

* Why is it with Star Trek plots that they can’t seem to get past the “Evil Maniac With Giant-All-Powerful-Starship Who Wants To Take Over The Universe Given To Monologues” gig?

Ginormica
    Free Member

what more do you want? 😛

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Can’t recomend Star trek on Imax though, overwhelming and found myself trying to move away from the screen as there was too much gong on to be able to focus on it. It was a good film though and worth it, just smaller or further away next time please.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Just got back, great film – loved spotting the lines & links from the series

duntmatter
    Free Member

First time at an imax as well- well worth the added cost in my opinion.

In London it’s not that much more. And no brats throwing popcorn and texting. Nice.

Why didn’t they just go back in time before the thing that p’d them off happened and stop it happening?*

Proper good film tho.

*Attempted non-spoiler combined with general undermining of plot.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘New star trek film…. ooooh!!’ is closed to new replies.