Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • New Spoke Time !
  • noltae
    Free Member

For a 29er build – fancy some coloured ones .. Anyone else done this and could they recommend any suppliers? decent quality one’s – So far all I’ve sourced is red DT swiss from Bike24 – 293 mm I’ve already got Hope Pro 2 – love the look of the I9 spokes but their proprietary for the I9 hubs..

njee20
    Free Member

They’re virtually non-existent as you’ve found. DT do white ones too, but the powder coating chips.

If you really want to do (and I wouldn’t) it then get some silver spokes of your choice – DT Competitions or Revolutions for my money and spray them.

lovewookie

I bought these in red for my build.

Pillar off ebay

They’re decent enough, the colour stays put too, which is nice, and they’re not a powder coat.

But
    They are Pillar Spokes, single butted 2.0mm to 1.8mm, just so you are aware of that.

They don’t feel like DT’s to build, or any other spoke for that matter. Maybe for me it was a combination of not a very stiff rim and these spokes, but they almost felt spongy building them. Had similar when building DT revs on stans olympics before.

You can get plenty of tension in them though and they hold up well even under my 13.5 stone of clumsyness.

Oh, should have said, I did want purple, but couldn’t find any novatec hubs in purple and the next closest were charge hubs which we’re kinda not quite purple…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘New Spoke Time !’ is closed to new replies.