Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • New specialized grid casing
  • Lummox

After a flint cut prematurely ending a ride the other day I’ve looked to replace the spesh purgatory tyre again.

Spesh are now doing a tougher sidewall casing but I can’t work out if all 2bliss now come with it or not, shop weren’t certain themselves so has anyone got the definitive answer?

simondbarnes

but I can’t work out if all 2bliss now come with it or not,

No, they don’t

Lummox

Thanks so I’m to assume grid is just a ‘tougher’ side casing on the non tubeless tyres.

Anyone recommend a tough side walled tubeless ready tyre that doesn’t cost the earth?

Oh dear it’s a what tyres thread

wiggles
    Free Member

There is the “control” version (standard folding tubeless) and “grid” version (tougher side walled and a bit heavier.

Both same size, tread, 2bliss etc

simondbarnes

Thanks so I’m to assume grid is just a ‘tougher’ side casing on the non tubeless tyres.

No. The Grid tyres are 2bliss.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Purgatory grid is very impressive thus far.

Lummox

ahh i get you, ah well thats good news then 18% stronger sidewall here i come.

slackalice
    Free Member

I recently bought a 2.3 Grid Ground Control and as above, definitely tubeless, went up easy on Crests and the tougher sidewall has prompted me to run it softer than I would normally, which is ok for me.

Whether it’s a genuine 2.3 I couldn’t say because I haven’t measured it, but it’s what I would describe as a high volume and tough tyre.

oakesy2001uk
    Free Member

Ive just destroyed a purgatory grid (and my 2nd butcher control). Not stiff enough. The Trail King protection tyres that have replaced them literally feel twice as stiff in your hands.

Shame as they feel great tyres, but not up to rocky enduro/all mountain use…

Northwind

I find them great for that use but I can see why others don’t… But remember the Control’s an intentionally lightweight tyre, it’s the lightest of the line- SX version is for people who want tougher and stiffer. (no Purgatory SX though)

Stevelol
    Free Member

Purgatory grid on the rear here, it is noticeably stiffer than the butcher control on the front.

I must say, I’ve been very impressed with these tyres since running them from around December time.

I don’t have a lot of finesse when climbing and would rather attempt ‘ramming speed’ up a tricky rock climb rather than pick my way through. Many times has the rear wheel pinged and scraped around sharp rocks, but after post-ride inspection there has never been any damage, certainly no tears. I’m average weight at 11.5 stone.

Compared to the expensive UST Rubber Queens that I had on before I’m very impressed with them and will be after another set once they’re toast.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘New specialized grid casing’ is closed to new replies.