Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • New SPD Shoes – Not DH or XC
  • Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I have a trusty old pair of Specialized shoes that need to be retired, and I need something for my clipping in days to replace them.

I’ve tried some 5-10 Minnaars, which felt like someone had attached lead weights to my feet, and nor am I fussed aver the faux skate shoe look.

However, I don’t really warrant an all signing, all dancing carbon soled disco slipper either, so am looking for something inbetween.

I looked at the Specialized Rime – as more of a trail SPD type shoe, but not really having any knowledge of this area of the market, what else is out there that’s similar?

Oh, edited to add, definitely not those Shimano AM45 things. I thought 5-10’s looked special….

neilwheel
    Free Member

I like Mavic Alpine XL.

daver27
    Free Member

shimano MT54’s look quite nice..

arachnidlover
    Free Member

+1 for Mavic Alpine XL been using them for most of this year and I can’t fault them (apart from not being waterproof maybe)………

Rorschach
    Free Member

The new shimano #ahem# enduro shoes look pretty decent.Ok the m200’s are a bit am45ish but the m163 look the business.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

DHB M2.0C (for carbon)
    £70, carbon sole, easy to walk in, don’t look stupid

welshfarmer

For my trip to the Alps earlier this year I bought a pair of these Nothwave Dolomites. Nice sole, look like a tidy pair of lightweight walking boots and are fine to drive in and visit the cafe/pub. Have proven lightweight and comfy on all day rides and relatively cool for summer use but enough protection for spring/autumn riding. I like them a lot.

http://www.bike-discount.de/de/kaufen/dolomites-5-8-all-terrain-schuhe-6849

Regards sizes I read a fair bit about the brand and was convinced to try my actual shoe size (43). This was the right choice and they fit fine. All other brands (shimano & Spez) that I have are at least one size larger.

fathomer

Giro Terraduro, I don’t have them, but quite fancy a pair as I like the idea of no mesh vents helping keep a bit of water out. The Shimano’s above look good as well.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Alpine XL, nice and stiff to ride in but great contact rubber for hike a bike too

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘New SPD Shoes – Not DH or XC’ is closed to new replies.