• This topic has 12 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Del.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • New SPD pedals please.
  • andy8442
    Free Member

I’m a tad worried. I’m starting to think like you guys. I’ve currently got more bikes than I need and now I’m thinking of shaving a few grams off my bike although I’m a stone overweight!…….So, can you recommend me some SPD pedals that are lighter than my current Shimano 520’s but not cost the earth.

I’m hoping to shave that stone off too!

tomhoward

XT?

kcal

second hand XTRs / 959s?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Don’t bother, you’ll save 50gm or so for a lot of £.

Much cheaper places to lose weight.

Suggsey
    Free Member

I agree with cynic-al…….

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

Ride faster and longer for a couple of months…that’ll shave some weight off the bike…(wanted to insert smiley here but couldn’t find one on keyboard)…

andy8442
    Free Member

Ok, I concede. But apart from the gut ,where can I lose weight cost effectively? I’m thinking tyres?

RoterStern
    Free Member

Rotating mass is where to start losing weight on a bike.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

spec your bike and we’ll weenie it.

1×10 is a good start.

gee
    Free Member

PDM540 – 340g (XTR is only 310g) and £28 a pair including cleats.

Bargain of the century. Run them on everything.

Sundayjumper

I picked up some Ritchey pedals LIKE THESE cheap second hand a while back for my weight-weenie bike, and according to my spreadsheet (yes….) they’re 151g lighter than a pair of PD-M520.

I was using eggbeaters before that, they’ll go under 200g for the full Ti versions, but the bearings are utter carp so I chose to accept the weight penalty to have something a little more sturdy.

andy8442
    Free Member

Thanks Gee, thats perfect. I had to get some new ones anyway, and they are only a few quid more. Now onto the tyres!

Del

tubeless yet?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘New SPD pedals please.’ is closed to new replies.