Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • New SPD cleats, won't unclip properly, help!
  • robinbetts
    Free Member

I bought some new Bontrager shoes the other day, and fitted some spare (new) cleats that I had, and went out yesterday. Problem was that they wouldn’t unclip properly. I loosened off the pedals but that didn’t seem to make much difference (a bit but not enough). It seemed like I the shoe would twist out by 45 deg before it would even try to unclip. The cleats are tight so they’re not slipping. Any idea what could be wrong??
    Thanks!

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Try fittin a cleat spacer between the shoe and cleat,It could also be hitting the rubber of the sole on the edges of the cleat opening.

robinbetts
    Free Member

Thanks for the tip. I’ve done that now anyway, but on closer inspection, the cleats where a suttley different shape to my mates (and all the pics I could find on the net). So basically I have no idea where these strange cleats came from that I had in my bike box, I’ve only ever bought shimano peddles, but I got some shimano cleats from the lbs and all sorted!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘New SPD cleats, won't unclip properly, help!’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts