Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • New snowboard boots for Flow bindings – suggestions?
  • igm

My 8 year old Vans Daniel Francks are getting somewhat floppy. In particular the tongue now folds nicely.

So I reckon, given it’s sale time, I might see if there’s anything good and cheap.

Anybody used Flow bindings and have a (reasoned) view on what boots fit well with them?

I like a fairly stiff boot, as I am well muscled particularly in the cake eating area, and I bemd things, if that colours opinions.

And my local shop is a TSA, so thoughts on brands they stock (Burton, Northwave, 32, Vans, Salamon) would be appreciated.

And yes I will take my bindings and my feet to the shop to try them – I just don’t want to try every boot in the shop.

GrahamS

suggestions?

Get proper bindings?

😉

Raymond

Salomon malamutes if you want a stiff boot but I’d just pick a price range and try loads on. Them fitting into Flows will be more a factor of your boot size than the type of boot.

organic355
    Free Member

problem with flow bindings is the mechanism destroys whatever material is ont he heel of the boot. My wife has been through a few pairs of boots which have failed there, or the sole has come off due to getting stripped off by getting in and out of flow bindings.

Check the sole/heel “interface” to see if there is anythign that will catch on the binding, if there is, then avoid those boots. Cant you buy “flow” boots now?

EDIT: yes you can: http://www.flow.com/Products/Boots

DezB
    Free Member

problem with flow bindings is the mechanism destroys whatever material is ont he heel of the boot

True – my Flow boots got over this problem. But I’ve now changed to normal bindings.. oh the joy of comfortable feet!
    [edit]It’ll be 32 boots for me next

superfli
    Free Member

Its a case of finding a boot that has the sole moulded smoothly to the boot with a strip running up so that nothing catches. Its also a case of setting the flow binding up correctly.
    I have a pair of Dan Francks too and I’ve had to repair/glue the sole on one boot.

Flows are comfy and quick, just need to spend some time setting them up

Woody
    Free Member

I haven’t had a single problem with my Flows and I have two pairs. Used them with ThirtyTwo and Northwave boots with no problems.

Knockers are just jealous coz they are always having to catch up after doing up their outdated straps 😉

ps. My Daughter can’t wear them because they hurt her shins but then again she IS a girl………………

GrahamS

Knockers are just jealous coz they are always having to catch up after doing up their outdated straps

Nope:

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘New snowboard boots for Flow bindings – suggestions?’ is closed to new replies.