Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • New Skills area and pump track at haldon nr exeter
  • kaiser
    Free Member

supposedly opening on the 19th sept together with another mtb trail.
    anyone know much about it?
    saw the plans and it looks great .

Trailseeker
    Free Member

Where abouts?
    Do you have a link?
    I've been down there a few times lately & not seen anything being built – it took them best part of a year to do the ridge ride.

neilforrow

it is going to be tame, very tame… 'suitable for novices and families'

kaiser
    Free Member

not so sure about very tame …apparently the skills area is being built by an ex world cup dh racer and will have various grades of drop offs, jumps berms etc albeit in a smallish area …sounds great for a bit of practice …getting confidence etc …chatted to ranger Tim yesterday and sounds great

ajantom

Went up late afternoon today and the diggers were out in force building jumps and berms in the area between the carpark and the entrance road. The area looks to be about 100 x 50 metres in size. One quite big looking tabletop that I could see and some nice looking banked track/berms linking it all together. Might be quite good when finished.

nacho
    Free Member

Not sure about the skills area or pump track, sounds good! Apparently the new trail is a blue run and it crosses some of the better "unofficial" trials. I hope it's not easier than the existing "red" run 😥

ajantom

Not sure about the skills area or pump track, sounds good! Apparently the new trail is a blue run and it crosses some of the better "unofficial" trials. I hope it's not easier than the existing "red" run

The new blue run is basically a gravel track that criss-crosses all over the far side of the forest – it manages to go over every single decent 'other' track at some point on it's length, sometimes twice or thrice 😡

Not only is it a cr4p trail to ride on, but it opens up all the areas of Haldon that were a bit quieter before, and makes a lot of the rider-built trails a lot more obvious where it crosses them. Not good.

elbry
    Free Member

pump track and skills areas designed by phil, the old 4x track builder not a wc dh rider,
    the skills area looks lame right now, very small jumps and drops,
    blue run does cut over some the old good trails but it will add some miles to peoples xc rides

bassspine
    Free Member

The new blue run is basically a gravel track that criss-crosses all over the far side of the forest – it manages to go over every single decent 'other' track at some point on it's length, sometimes twice or thrice

🙁 🙁 that's what it looked like to me when I had a scout round the other day. What a strange coincidence that it should hack through nearly all the good bits left on the H

neilforrow

it is going to be tame, very tame… 'suitable for novices and families'

not so sure about very tame

have you been up there and checked out the finished article.. i will revise what I said earlier:

it is very tame… suitable for novices and families

Having said that Tim is doing a great job over the other side of the hill getting Gav and the rest of the dh's access and materials to build some proper jumps and drops.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘New Skills area and pump track at haldon nr exeter’ is closed to new replies.